Lucille Ball
    Jacob
    Opie
    Tori
    Mabel
    Marla
    Simon
    Rascal

I take cats off the streets and get them fixed.Lots of work cleaning,feeding watering and taking them to the vet.But I love them.

Lynn Smith

Lynn--
    I lived in the

Lynn--

I lived in the country for many years and I picked up dogs and cat and did the same thing as you. My husband claimed that people knew I did that and that they intentionally dumped animals near our house.

That's a wonderful calling--
    Judy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Tigger, fat old farm boy
    Tigger, fat old farm boy that came into town under someones car as a kitten about 12 or 13 years ago. started out as my moms cat, then mine, then my moms again, now mine again until he passes away...

We have one cat named Pee
    We have one cat named Pee Wee!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    kitty
    Nellie is my husbands therapeutic cat but she sure was a comfort after my lumpectomy.
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    We have a seal point ragdoll
    We have a seal point ragdoll named Lily Rose and a mixed breed dog from the SPCA named Misty as well as assorted fish in our backyard pond... I love my babies...they are always so glad to see me...
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    My kitties--even though I wasn't a cat person....
    I have the one in my first photo, his name is Sammie. Then, I have Lizzie. They are both kitties we rescued. Sammie followed my friend from the church door to his van, at about 6 weeks of age. He brought him to me....and Lizzie was abandoned from her mom, sitting in my street crying. The vet said she was about 4 weeks, and 1.6 pounds. I nursed them both back to health, and here we are.

Also, I must include my daughter's Hemingway cat who is living with me now. She really does have 7 digits on one paw, then 6, and 5 and 5-- I think. Her paws are huge and she is a larger cat. So, her name
    is Siete!

LOVE them!! :)
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    SueRelays said:

WOW Lynn! Good for you!!!!
    WOW Lynn! Good for you!!!! I would love to be able to do that. LOVE LOVE Cats and dogs!!!!

and let's hear the story about Nelly!!!

My boyfriend used to always say I gave him Lucci looks....mean Italian eyes.....so somehow I got kind of attached to that name....nothing to do with Susan Lucci LOL!!!! So had to name my black mafia cat Lucci !!!

Fun to hear all of peoples pets....they are SUCH a comfort.....but agree they can get in to mischief on a regular basis!!!! I am still waiting for my cat to tell me how he wasn't able to detect my cancer before the docs!!!

Hi Sue!
    I was raised by my grandmother and 13 years ago I lost her to oc. Her name was Nelly. She was the most important person in my life. One time she went to Disney World - I was supposed to go but school prevented my trip - and she bought me a beautiful cat (figurine). The figurine still looks like new and I keep it in my living room.

Well, I have to admit I was not always a cat lover - I was allergic to them. One day I went online to try and see what animals were up for adoption. I wanted a dog, but out of curiosity decided to check out cats too. I saw a tabby cat I liked named Nelly. So I was curious! I went to the shelter, couldn't find the dog I wanted. Most were old and I wanted a companion who would be with me for some time :( I then walked into the cat room - they had around 40 cats! Right away I got an allergic reaction, but that didn't stop me. I went in, and looked for Nelly the kitty. I thought I had found her, but her name was different on site. She was playing with her bother - And I loved the bother because Nelly looked like trouble. However, she was the only kitty to stay on my lap! She wouldn't move! So I decided to keep her. Named her Nelly, after my grandmother.

Weeks later, I was going to take her to the Vet for the first time to have her fixed. While reviewing her record, I found out she has my grandmother's birthday (same day and month).

Nelly is still with me. She is 7 years old, and she stairs at me a lot. I feel she is a special gift.

That was the story.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    lizzie17 said:

My kitties--even though I wasn't a cat person....
    I have the one in my first photo, his name is Sammie. Then, I have Lizzie. They are both kitties we rescued. Sammie followed my friend from the church door to his van, at about 6 weeks of age. He brought him to me....and Lizzie was abandoned from her mom, sitting in my street crying. The vet said she was about 4 weeks, and 1.6 pounds. I nursed them both back to health, and here we are.

Also, I must include my daughter's Hemingway cat who is living with me now. She really does have 7 digits on one paw, then 6, and 5 and 5-- I think. Her paws are huge and she is a larger cat. So, her name
    is Siete!

LOVE them!! :)

I don't have a cat...
    ... Still, this was so fun to read! Although my "pet of choice" is a dog, am an "all around" animal lover. Our furry & four-legged companions, no matter the type, give us so much.

Kind regards, Susan
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Down to one cat, Buddy
    He showed up where I worked and he became the office cat. When my bosses retired, he came home with me. We lost our 2 older cats last year and this is the first time in 39 years that I have only had one cat.

Buddy shares (whoops, cats don't share) his home with our 2 Papillons, Howie & Honey, hubby & me.

Sue
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    I am a cat lady too!!! May I add - And proud of it
    Hi,

the state of AZ has such a high number of animals roaming the street that
    i could not stand by and do nothing. In Tempe where I lived, the students from
    ASU played a big part in it, they got a pet and when they were done with their
    studies, they just released the poor critters.

I met this amazing lady who was running an adoption program from her home.
    She helped me catch them and get them fixed and the not so wild ones adopted.
    I helped adopt out at least 10 and got fixed many more. The most cats I ever
    had in my house was 8. But i fed and took care of at least another 10 outside,
    It was quiet a sight to come home and see this pack of cats waiting for me.

Currently I have 4 with me, I brought them from AZ. Their names are Shalimar,
    Tombik, Monster and Orange (pronounced the french way - Orrraaanje)

i love the quote: The greatness of a nation, can be seen in the way it treats its animals!

Hugs to my fellow cat ladies,
    Ayse
  • Ticky
    Ticky Member Posts: 117
    aysemari said:

Hi,

i love the quote: The greatness of a nation, can be seen in the way it treats its animals!

Ayse

Kitties
    I love kitties but I don't have one right now because of allergies. My sister has 10. Every time a new one is born it is so cute she can't part with it. She has no children.

Hugs,

Ticky
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277

I don't have a cat...
    ... Still, this was so fun to read! Although my "pet of choice" is a dog, am an "all around" animal lover. Our furry & four-legged companions, no matter the type, give us so much.

Kind regards, Susan

One of each!
    Hi Susan,
    I also love both! I have my wonderful cat, Katy, but I also have the best dog ever, a Welsh corgi named Max! I agree they add to our lives!
    Sybil
  • Vigee
    Vigee Member Posts: 66
    Names
    Bogie, Olive, Mabel and Sally!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Vigee said:

Names
    Bogie, Olive, Mabel and Sally!

Well I have to say I am more
    Well I have to say I am more of a dog person but I had a cat for about 12 years that was my daughters her name was Cricket, had to have her put down a few years ago. I do have 3 grandkitties, Chip, Joplin and Jepson. My 2 grandsons are allergic to cats so theirs ( Chip) is an outside kitty. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485

Hi Sue!
    I was raised by my grandmother and 13 years ago I lost her to oc. Her name was Nelly. She was the most important person in my life. One time she went to Disney World - I was supposed to go but school prevented my trip - and she bought me a beautiful cat (figurine). The figurine still looks like new and I keep it in my living room.

Well, I have to admit I was not always a cat lover - I was allergic to them. One day I went online to try and see what animals were up for adoption. I wanted a dog, but out of curiosity decided to check out cats too. I saw a tabby cat I liked named Nelly. So I was curious! I went to the shelter, couldn't find the dog I wanted. Most were old and I wanted a companion who would be with me for some time :( I then walked into the cat room - they had around 40 cats! Right away I got an allergic reaction, but that didn't stop me. I went in, and looked for Nelly the kitty. I thought I had found her, but her name was different on site. She was playing with her bother - And I loved the bother because Nelly looked like trouble. However, she was the only kitty to stay on my lap! She wouldn't move! So I decided to keep her. Named her Nelly, after my grandmother.

Weeks later, I was going to take her to the Vet for the first time to have her fixed. While reviewing her record, I found out she has my grandmother's birthday (same day and month).

Nelly is still with me. She is 7 years old, and she stairs at me a lot. I feel she is a special gift.

That was the story.

WOW...that gave me
    WOW...that gave me goosebumps! If anything was every meant to be right??

Great story. so glad you shared!!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    VickiSam said:

We had 2 .. Snickers and Norman
    Norman -- long fur Orange with white features, Snickers multi color brown, beige and white. Both have gone to kitty heaven. We live on the foothills of Cleveland National Forest out here in Southern California .. and our house cats ventured out -- 1 too many times! Coyotes!

Very rare to see any cats or kittens in our area.

Adore cats..

Vicki Sam

Our kitty is Sammy! Love
    Our kitty is Sammy! Love him bunches!
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    George
    George is 12 years old, blue-eyed, long-haired, with an elegant tail. He looks like a Ragdoll, and drapes himself over laps and shoulders like a Ragdoll, but he's an alley cat. We rescued him from the alley when he was a tiny ball of fluff, after his mother, a gray tabby, disappeared. His "points" are gray tabby. My husband trained George to gently tap a human on the arm with his paw when he wants to be petted. George trained himself to gently tap a human on the cheek when he thinks it's time for her to get out of bed and feed the cat. He has agreed not to beg for people food, except that he absolutely loves asparagus and green beans, and can't control himself. He will stalk, choose his moment, jump on the table, grab a green bean, and run off with it in triumph. It's so funny, we let it slide. In good weather, he stretches out in the catnip planted on the terrace, raising his head once in a while to take a bite. Indoors, he lies in wait for the dog, skulking behind the sofa and pouncing when Henry passes by. Then they play.

Every cat is unique, and we have had quite a few interesting ones over the years: the one who refused to eat because she didn't want to share me with my new boyfriend. He survived, she didn't. The one who thought our baby was her baby, and tried to teach the baby to hunt. The one who adopted a family in the next block and spent every summer with them for ten years, but returned to us for the winter. And more, many more. But George is a winner.
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    aysemari said:

Hi,

Ayse

What an awesome thing to do!
    What an awesome thing to do! It is sad the way people leave animals to fend for themselves......

Cindy
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    I have 2
    Both female and 9 years old. Sandy is a beige tabby and very fat, always begging for food. Josey is a long haired calico and very prissy, only lets me pet her.
  • JacquiAL
    JacquiAL Member Posts: 29
    Paden (top) and Pearl
    Hi,

Paden is a Maine **** mix. Pearl is a Lynx Point mix. Pearl has been blind from birth. We adopted Pearl when she was 7, Paden when he was 5. He loves Pearl, grooms her all the time which is her favorite thing, head butts second favorite. We had to have all her teeth removed because of stomatitis. Paden has it also but he has about 8 teeth left. They both do fine. Paden had an eye injury when he was a kitten so that eye is cloudy. Our Vet thinks he can see shadows with that eye. His other eye is fine. He was also diabetic but is no longer.

They are wonderful kitties and we feel lucky they are part of our family.

Jacqui
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    JacquiAL said:

Paden (top) and Pearl
    Hi,

Paden is a Maine **** mix. Pearl is a Lynx Point mix. Pearl has been blind from birth. We adopted Pearl when she was 7, Paden when he was 5. He loves Pearl, grooms her all the time which is her favorite thing, head butts second favorite. We had to have all her teeth removed because of stomatitis. Paden has it also but he has about 8 teeth left. They both do fine. Paden had an eye injury when he was a kitten so that eye is cloudy. Our Vet thinks he can see shadows with that eye. His other eye is fine. He was also diabetic but is no longer.

They are wonderful kitties and we feel lucky they are part of our family.

Jacqui

Not very original names
    I don't have any pets now, but have had many in the past. The last two cats were named Big Kitty and Little Kitty. Not sure why we never gave them "real names". Big Kitty lived up to cats having 9 lives. Just a couple of his experiences: I had put clothes in the dryer and kept hearing a loud thump, ignored it for a while until it became very irritating. Opened the dryer door and out jumped Big Kitty. Next story: Driving into the garage, felt a bump. My son got out and said we had ran over Big Kitty. He seemed to be fine and acted normal. Kept watching him all night and he did seem to get a little worse. Took him to the vet that morning and only injury was a broken jaw. Vet asked if I drove a VW bug, told him I drove a Lincoln Town car. He said it was amazing and to let Big Kitty play the lottery. Both are now smiling down on us from Kitty Heaven.

Debi~