Well....it's FRIDAY ! any interesting plan for the weekend? newbies welcome to the post!!

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Just renew my driving licence ,have an unformal chat with my doctor and some meals with family and friends!.
Have a great Weekend !

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    another weekend in hospital
    feeling better at the moment. it will be great seeing the kids, its been a week since i saw them. now i will be having the quietest weekend. hopefully everyone else can have some fun,
    hugs,
    pete
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Daughter's graduation
    Luckily I got out of the hospital last night, so I haven't ruined the plans! My daughter's graduation from college is this weekend. She is graduating with a major in Spanish & Portugese, and a minor with certificate Teaching English as a Second Language. We don't have her final G.P.A. yet, but it should be a 3.99! We are so proud of her! (She has one more course before getting her certificate in Translation.)

Saturday we are having a big party, and my family is coming from other states. I'm really looking forward to celebrating and having most of my family here! My oldest daughter can't come home for a couple more weeks, so we'll miss her. My oldest son is coming home from college for the weekend.

Sunday is commencement. My daughter is going straight from there to the airport. She was awarded a Fellowship and is off to Berlin. (She speaks a lot of German also.) She will be teaching English in an elementary school and writing a research paper. When she is done, she is traveling southern Spain and Portugal.

This is one of those milestones I have been fighting to be here for!

(Two more years till the youngest son graduates from high school, and 2 1/2 until the older one graduates from college. My long-term goal right now is to make it to see the youngest graduate from college. I need a plan to keep me around at least 6 more years.)
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    LAS VEGAS BABY!!!!
    My daughter in law is graduating UNLV. So I get to see my son and watch the grad too!

Gail
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    fishing
    Heading 25 miles offshore in the morning on a charter. Can't handle my boat anymore so i have to get taken,it hurts the pride.Ron.
  • pepebcn

another weekend in hospital
    feeling better at the moment. it will be great seeing the kids, its been a week since i saw them. now i will be having the quietest weekend. hopefully everyone else can have some fun,
    hugs,
    pete

Thank you Pete!
    remember just patience!.
    Hugs!
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member

Daughter's graduation
    Luckily I got out of the hospital last night, so I haven't ruined the plans! My daughter's graduation from college is this weekend. She is graduating with a major in Spanish & Portugese, and a minor with certificate Teaching English as a Second Language. We don't have her final G.P.A. yet, but it should be a 3.99! We are so proud of her! (She has one more course before getting her certificate in Translation.)

Saturday we are having a big party, and my family is coming from other states. I'm really looking forward to celebrating and having most of my family here! My oldest daughter can't come home for a couple more weeks, so we'll miss her. My oldest son is coming home from college for the weekend.

Sunday is commencement. My daughter is going straight from there to the airport. She was awarded a Fellowship and is off to Berlin. (She speaks a lot of German also.) She will be teaching English in an elementary school and writing a research paper. When she is done, she is traveling southern Spain and Portugal.

(Two more years till the youngest son graduates from high school, and 2 1/2 until the older one graduates from college. My long-term goal right now is to make it to see the youngest graduate from college. I need a plan to keep me around at least 6 more years.)

Congratulations . I know you
    Congratulations . I know you will have a wonderful weekend. I am trying to make it til my grandaughter (11) graduates college. Ok I'd like to see her brother (4) graduate too. LOL
    Judy
  • pepebcn

Daughter's graduation

Kathryn.
    Congratulations! Must be a big day for you! I'm sure you will see the graduation of you youngest son! excellent goal !
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    jjaj133 said:

Congratulations . I know you
    Congratulations . I know you will have a wonderful weekend. I am trying to make it til my grandaughter (11) graduates college. Ok I'd like to see her brother (4) graduate too. LOL
    Judy

Judy I'm sure you will ,don't doubt about it!
    Have a great weekend !
  • pepebcn
    plh4gail said:

LAS VEGAS BABY!!!!
    My daughter in law is graduating UNLV. So I get to see my son and watch the grad too!

Gail

Gail Have you got the chance to see Lori?.
    Enjoy gambling !
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    ron50 said:

fishing
    Heading 25 miles offshore in the morning on a charter. Can't handle my boat anymore so i have to get taken,it hurts the pride.Ron.

Hahaha! Ron enjoy the cruise !
    Take care!
  • daBeachBum
    daBeachBum Member Posts: 164
    Preparing for the horde...
    This is the 60s weekend and Spring bike rally on the island here. There will be a lot of people in town for that and lots of owners getting their houses ready for summer. This is a great time of year here, not too crowded, but everything is open and people are fired up.

I will be getting ready for the next couple of weekends. I have a summer kickoff party next weekend and then Chicago for Memorial weekend. I sent the Evite to all the "usual suspects", but have gotten a far greater response than typical. I chalk this up to folks knowing I have the big C :-) One benefit I guess.

We will probably have around fifteen people crammed in my townhouse (that has beds for 6). Its a fun bunch and no one will care if they end up on the couches or an air mattress. I have to get all the food planned and buy plenty of, um, beverages...

Hope you all have fun this weekend!

Ray
  • pepebcn

Preparing for the horde...
    This is the 60s weekend and Spring bike rally on the island here. There will be a lot of people in town for that and lots of owners getting their houses ready for summer. This is a great time of year here, not too crowded, but everything is open and people are fired up.

I will be getting ready for the next couple of weekends. I have a summer kickoff party next weekend and then Chicago for Memorial weekend. I sent the Evite to all the "usual suspects", but have gotten a far greater response than typical. I chalk this up to folks knowing I have the big C :-) One benefit I guess.

We will probably have around fifteen people crammed in my townhouse (that has beds for 6). Its a fun bunch and no one will care if they end up on the couches or an air mattress. I have to get all the food planned and buy plenty of, um, beverages...

Hope you all have fun this weekend!

Ray

Ray it sounds terrific ! what a great plan!
    Must be really fun , I assume u are living in Chicago isn't ? , so the rally what island it is ? ,sorry I'm from Barcelona and been just few times in Chicago and just for business , no time for enjoying that wonderful city!.
    Hugs!
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    pepebcn said:

Must be really fun , I assume u are living in Chicago isn't ? , so the rally what island it is ? ,sorry I'm from Barcelona and been just few times in Chicago and just for business , no time for enjoying that wonderful city!.
    Hugs!

Movie
    taking the grandkids to see thor going to the cemetary like i do every sunday for the past 2 yrs angel liked everything clean so i do my part with the head stone always shining

michelle
  • pepebcn

Movie
    taking the grandkids to see thor going to the cemetary like i do every sunday for the past 2 yrs angel liked everything clean so i do my part with the head stone always shining

michelle

That,s really beautiful Michelle!
    Also enjoy the kids!
  • daBeachBum
    daBeachBum Member Posts: 164
    pepebcn said:

Hugs!

hey Pepe!
    I live in New Jersey on Wildwood island. Its a summer beach town full of clubs and bars with a long tacky boardwalk with a carnival atmosphere and lots of rides and junk food. Luckily I live pretty far south of the craziness, but its close enough to enjoy it when I want.

Chicago is one of my girlfriend's favorite cities and we will be vacationing there and seeing a Cubs baseball game at historic Wrigley field. I was lucky enough to get seats in the sixth row behind home plate - one more checkoff for the "list" :-p

I love Barcelona! Its a beautiful, vibrant city full of friendly people and great food. I was bummed to hear that there was an arson fire at the Gaudi cathedral last month. I hope they got that fixed up!

Hugs back!

Ray
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

hey Pepe!
    I live in New Jersey on Wildwood island. Its a summer beach town full of clubs and bars with a long tacky boardwalk with a carnival atmosphere and lots of rides and junk food. Luckily I live pretty far south of the craziness, but its close enough to enjoy it when I want.

Chicago is one of my girlfriend's favorite cities and we will be vacationing there and seeing a Cubs baseball game at historic Wrigley field. I was lucky enough to get seats in the sixth row behind home plate - one more checkoff for the "list" :-p

I love Barcelona! Its a beautiful, vibrant city full of friendly people and great food. I was bummed to hear that there was an arson fire at the Gaudi cathedral last month. I hope they got that fixed up!

Hugs back!

Ray

Relay for Life!
  • pepebcn

hey Pepe!

Hugs back!

Ray

Wow so I thought u were in CH. Don't n know very well NJ. but
    love NY, my wife,s favorite City! .Yes in deed its been an small fire in Sagrada Familia church, just a crazy homeless burn the sacristy where the priests keep their clothes but just burn the clothes , nothing important!.
    Hugs Ray have two wonderful weekends!.
  • pepebcn
    Nana b said:

Relay for Life!

Good job Raquel!
    enjoy and run!
    Hugs!
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    Nana b said:

Relay for Life!

Working Saturday.
    But Sunday kicking back. Do some shopping, need some new tools.
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member

Daughter's graduation

OUTSTANDING!
    Have a great weekend celebrating!