Rip Mommy- Your little girl misses you!

my mom passed away 2 weeks ago from breast cancer. i am 18 years old so yea im still young. i miss her very much, she was my best friend. i feel very lost without her. but i kno that i have to stay strong and be the woman she wanted me to be. but it is still hard. i am planning to do the cancer run in NY in october because i wanna make a differene i never want anyone to go what my mom when through. her breast cancer went into remission ten years ago and it came back in 2009 and spreaded to her lungs. she never smoked and had lung cancer. her last years were very hard but she still kept a smile on her face. i love you mom forever nd a day <3.

Comments

• HootieGirl
    HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
    Praying so hard for you!! I
    Praying so hard for you!! I can't even imagine what you're going through, but just know that you are not alone. I think it is awesome that you are wanting to make a difference, and I'm sure you will make your mom very proud. My thoughts are prayers are with you!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    It's tough loosing your mom
    It's tough loosing your mom at such an early age and even tougher seeing how she suffered. Hang in there. My mom died when I was 14 from heart surgery and that impacted me forever. There is a book out titled "Motherless Daughters' written by a gal who lost her mom to BC. It's tough to read but it could bring you some solace and identity with other gals who have gone thru this. Do whatever you can to help yourself thru this grieving period. If you need counselling get it. If you need support, seek it, because loosing a mom is a terrible loss at any age. Hugs to you.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I am so sorry that you have
    I am so sorry that you have had to go thru this. I am praying for you that you find the strength to carry on with your dreams. I am sure she is so proud of you. Sounds like she raised a very loving and caring daughter.

Hugs and prayers go out to you.
    ~Carol
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Your mom is so proud of you....for certain!
    I am wrapping my arms around you, sweet one!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Susiestn
    Susiestn Member Posts: 13
    I just lost my mom to
    I just lost my mom to esophageal cancer a month ago and now have breast cancer myself. I'm right there with you, know exactly what you are going through. Stay strong, I truly believe your moms still with you, just in a different way. I'm sure she is smiling down on you just as my mom is on me!
  • lisa_smith2008
    lisa_smith2008 Member Posts: 5

Praying so hard for you!! I
    Praying so hard for you!! I can't even imagine what you're going through, but just know that you are not alone. I think it is awesome that you are wanting to make a difference, and I'm sure you will make your mom very proud. My thoughts are prayers are with you!

thank you soo much!

thank you soo much!
  • lisa_smith2008
    lisa_smith2008 Member Posts: 5
    Susiestn said:

I just lost my mom to
    I just lost my mom to esophageal cancer a month ago and now have breast cancer myself. I'm right there with you, know exactly what you are going through. Stay strong, I truly believe your moms still with you, just in a different way. I'm sure she is smiling down on you just as my mom is on me!

thank that makes me feel
    thank that makes me feel alot better.
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Hello
    Hi Sweetheart, so sorry to hear about your mom. I am 48, lost my mother in 2009 to uterine cancer and I'm not half as strong as you. Your mom was blessed to have a daughter like you. I won't lie, it's not easy, but you have to keep moving and breathing and setting goals for yourself is a wonderful thing. I sometimes post on the grief and bereavement and emotional support boards, they've been a godsend to me.
    You bring up a good point, about lung mets.. You always hear that an uneplained cough can be a warning sign of cancer, but we always thought that was just for lung cancer, never gave it a second thought..... well most cancers , if they spread , spread to the lungs,it's one of their fav. places to go.. My mother had dev. a little cough, it wasn't constant but chronic. She had it for a year or two before we found out she had advanced cancer. The dr. wrote it off as "age-related asthma..' no tests, no follow-up. Maybe you and I can help spread the word...
    Hugs and prayers,
    Cindy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    KathiM said:

Your mom is so proud of you....for certain!
    I am wrapping my arms around you, sweet one!

Hugs, Kathi

I'm so sorry for the loss of
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mother. I am sending you hugs and strength to help you thru this very sad time.

Sue :)
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    lisa: so so sorry
    I can't relate..my dad died when I was 19..but from car accident...

I just tried to think of the good times...!

so so sorry
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Hi Lisa,
    I am very sorry for

Hi Lisa,

I am very sorry for your loss, it is a big one. And I do think it's good for you to strive to be the woman your mom wanted you to be...but I also think you do not need to be strong ALL the time. I would say it's ok to allow yourself some moments of 'weakness'. I believe that it is finding our way out of those moments that make us stronger, that help us to become who we are.

Thank you for making a difference.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Hi Lisa
    I am so sorry for your loss... I know exactly what you are going through as I lost my Mom to breast cancer when I was just 14. There really isn't anything that any of us can say or do to ease your pain... my heart hurts for you. Try be good to yourself and keep your special memories of your Mom close to your heart.. Your Mom must be so proud of you....

Sending you a big cyber hug,
    Dot
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Hi Lisa, so sorry you are
    Hi Lisa, so sorry you are going through this. I lost my Mom just over 3 years ago to lung cancer. Less than 2 years after she passed I was diagnosed with breast cancer (I was 37). Although I had over a year to mourn her passing it didn't really hit me until I realized I was facing the most difficult battle in my life and I couldn't call and cry on her shoulder anymore. As time passed, I realized that she is with me ALWAYS and even though I can't see her, I talk to her and I know she's there, and I don't need her to answer because I already know what she would say. I know it's really hard right now but hold on to the good memories, keep them close to your heart, and know that she is right by your side. Because my daughter is 21 and my son 16, I fight even harder for my life, I don't want to leave them and you can bet your Mom fought to hang around for you. Cancer is a @#$%^&amp; and it's very hard to watch someone go through it, in fact I think it was harder to watch my Mom battle lung cancer than it is to fight it myself. Please take care of yourself and get all the support or help you need to get you through this, come here as often as you need, there's great support on here as well.
    Great Big Cyber Hug and Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Dot53 said:

Hi Lisa
    I am so sorry for your loss... I know exactly what you are going through as I lost my Mom to breast cancer when I was just 14. There really isn't anything that any of us can say or do to ease your pain... my heart hurts for you. Try be good to yourself and keep your special memories of your Mom close to your heart.. Your Mom must be so proud of you....

Sending you a big cyber hug,
    Dot

You are an amazing, young
    You are an amazing, young woman. How proud your mother must be. I lost my mom when I was in my early 50s and can't imagine how hard it must be to be so young and dealing with such loss. Keep your chin up, it is young folks like you who will make a difference. Warmest wishes.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Hi Lisa, so sorry you are
    Hi Lisa, so sorry you are going through this. I lost my Mom just over 3 years ago to lung cancer. Less than 2 years after she passed I was diagnosed with breast cancer (I was 37). Although I had over a year to mourn her passing it didn't really hit me until I realized I was facing the most difficult battle in my life and I couldn't call and cry on her shoulder anymore. As time passed, I realized that she is with me ALWAYS and even though I can't see her, I talk to her and I know she's there, and I don't need her to answer because I already know what she would say. I know it's really hard right now but hold on to the good memories, keep them close to your heart, and know that she is right by your side. Because my daughter is 21 and my son 16, I fight even harder for my life, I don't want to leave them and you can bet your Mom fought to hang around for you. Cancer is a @#$%^&amp; and it's very hard to watch someone go through it, in fact I think it was harder to watch my Mom battle lung cancer than it is to fight it myself. Please take care of yourself and get all the support or help you need to get you through this, come here as often as you need, there's great support on here as well.
    Great Big Cyber Hug and Miles of Love,
    ~Kari

Oh, sweetheart--my heart goes out to you
    I am so, so sorry about your mom. I think it is wonderful, though, that you are living on and honoring her by being in the race. The best thing you can do is honor her memory and live the absolute best life you can.

I believe she will be your angel for the rest of your life.

Take care of yourself and please come here often. We are a group who care.

Hugs, Renee
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    missrenee said:

Oh, sweetheart--my heart goes out to you
    I am so, so sorry about your mom. I think it is wonderful, though, that you are living on and honoring her by being in the race. The best thing you can do is honor her memory and live the absolute best life you can.

I believe she will be your angel for the rest of your life.

Take care of yourself and please come here often. We are a group who care.

Hugs, Renee

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry that you have lost your Mom. What a hard thing to have to go through at any age, but especially at your young age. I'm sure that your Mom would be proud of you for doing the cancer walk to honor her memory.

Hugs and God Bless You,

Dawne
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry that you have lost your Mom. What a hard thing to have to go through at any age, but especially at your young age. I'm sure that your Mom would be proud of you for doing the cancer walk to honor her memory.

Hugs and God Bless You,

Dawne

Lisa .. I am so very sorry to hear about your
    Mom. What a wonderful way to keep her memory alive, by honoring her by walking or running for a cure, celebrating life.

You are so very special, and what a joy it was for your Mom to say to all, "Lisa" is my daughter. Cherish this, and keep Mom close in your heart.

Prayers coming to you, dear sweet Lisa.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    camul said:

I am so sorry that you have
    I am so sorry that you have had to go thru this. I am praying for you that you find the strength to carry on with your dreams. I am sure she is so proud of you. Sounds like she raised a very loving and caring daughter.

Hugs and prayers go out to you.
    ~Carol

I am so sorry that you lost
    I am so sorry that you lost your Mother so young. It is never easy, no matter what age. Praying for you.

Hugs, Angie
  • BioAdoptMom3
    BioAdoptMom3 Member Posts: 43
    I am so sorry for the loss
    I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved mom! I know you must miss her terribly. Good for you for doing something to help raise funds for this dreaded disease!

Please don't feel like you have to be strong. It is OK to grieve your loss. Cry, pound on something, write your true feelings in a journal, talk to a pastor, priest or counselor, whatever helps. You might also consider joining a grief group sponsored by the ACS or an organization like Hospice.

(((((HUGS))))) and prayers!

Nancy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    natly15 said:

It's tough loosing your mom
    It's tough loosing your mom at such an early age and even tougher seeing how she suffered. Hang in there. My mom died when I was 14 from heart surgery and that impacted me forever. There is a book out titled "Motherless Daughters' written by a gal who lost her mom to BC. It's tough to read but it could bring you some solace and identity with other gals who have gone thru this. Do whatever you can to help yourself thru this grieving period. If you need counselling get it. If you need support, seek it, because loosing a mom is a terrible loss at any age. Hugs to you.

You have my deepest
    You have my deepest sympathy.

Hugs, Kylez