Rip Mommy- Your little girl misses you!

2»

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

I am so sorry for the loss
    I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved mom! I know you must miss her terribly. Good for you for doing something to help raise funds for this dreaded disease!

Please don't feel like you have to be strong. It is OK to grieve your loss. Cry, pound on something, write your true feelings in a journal, talk to a pastor, priest or counselor, whatever helps. You might also consider joining a grief group sponsored by the ACS or an organization like Hospice.

(((((HUGS))))) and prayers!

Nancy

Lisa,
    So sorry for the loss

Lisa,
    So sorry for the loss of your mother.
    Lots of Hugs......
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Hi Lisa,
    I am very sorry for

Hi Lisa,

I am very sorry for your loss, it is a big one. And I do think it's good for you to strive to be the woman your mom wanted you to be...but I also think you do not need to be strong ALL the time. I would say it's ok to allow yourself some moments of 'weakness'. I believe that it is finding our way out of those moments that make us stronger, that help us to become who we are.

Thank you for making a difference.

Hugs,

Linda

My condolences to you and
    My condolences to you and your family.

Hugs, Debby
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    GayleMc said:

You are an amazing, young
    You are an amazing, young woman. How proud your mother must be. I lost my mom when I was in my early 50s and can't imagine how hard it must be to be so young and dealing with such loss. Keep your chin up, it is young folks like you who will make a difference. Warmest wishes.

You're so very young to have
    You're so very young to have lost your Mother already. I am so very sorry. Wishing you peace and good luck.

Hugs, Diane
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320

Lisa,
    So sorry for the loss

Lisa,
    So sorry for the loss of your mother.
    Lots of Hugs......

Nothing can replace the loss
    Nothing can replace the loss of a mother. I am so very sorry that you had to lose yours so young. Take solace from the fact that all these wonderful ladies are praying for you. Include me in their lot. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

"May you be at Peace; May you be Free of Suffering,"
    Dianne
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Hello
    Hi Sweetheart, so sorry to hear about your mom. I am 48, lost my mother in 2009 to uterine cancer and I'm not half as strong as you. Your mom was blessed to have a daughter like you. I won't lie, it's not easy, but you have to keep moving and breathing and setting goals for yourself is a wonderful thing. I sometimes post on the grief and bereavement and emotional support boards, they've been a godsend to me.
    You bring up a good point, about lung mets.. You always hear that an uneplained cough can be a warning sign of cancer, but we always thought that was just for lung cancer, never gave it a second thought..... well most cancers , if they spread , spread to the lungs,it's one of their fav. places to go.. My mother had dev. a little cough, it wasn't constant but chronic. She had it for a year or two before we found out she had advanced cancer. The dr. wrote it off as "age-related asthma..' no tests, no follow-up. Maybe you and I can help spread the word...
    Hugs and prayers,
    Cindy

So sorry
    I am sending you consoling hugs and prayers.

♥ Noel