Geo621
Geo621 Member Posts: 2
Hi Everyone,
I was diagnosed on January 20 with breast cancer. The following week had a lumpectomy took out 3 nodes and cancer was in part of one. Already had first treatment with a total of six. My fiancee and I had plans to go to Florida in April to get married. We are now getting married in town with family, but still hope we can go away. I don't have any questions, just want everyone to know that you are in my prayers. WE WILL SURVIVE!!!

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Wecome
    Hi Geo, sorry you have a reason to be here but glad you found us! This is s great group of wonderfully supportive folks who truly care. Congrats on the upcoming wedding that is very exciting! I am sure you will get that Florida trip in time, actually my husband and kids headed to Florida for a week after my treatment ended way back in 98. Again welcome it is nice to meet you!

RE
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I am so sorry that you are
    I am so sorry that you are going through this, but your wonderful attitude will help no matter what you face. Hope you get to Florida after the wedding. You are in my prayers too. And, just to bolster your fighting spirit, I wanted to let you know that I have survived 24 years after Stage 3A (large tumor, 4 nodes). Keep fighting!
  • Geo621
    Geo621 Member Posts: 2

I am so sorry that you are
    I am so sorry that you are going through this, but your wonderful attitude will help no matter what you face. Hope you get to Florida after the wedding. You are in my prayers too. And, just to bolster your fighting spirit, I wanted to let you know that I have survived 24 years after Stage 3A (large tumor, 4 nodes). Keep fighting!

Thank you for the
    Thank you for the encouragement! It is a fight but with family and friends I keep going. I did have an issue with an infection after the lumpectomy, but it has passed. Taking one day at a time. God Bless you with continued good health.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Geo621 said:

Thank you for the
    Thank you for the encouragement! It is a fight but with family and friends I keep going. I did have an issue with an infection after the lumpectomy, but it has passed. Taking one day at a time. God Bless you with continued good health.

You sound like one tough, determined cookie!
    Good for you. I think the mental part of this disease is more than half the battle. Good luck with your treatments. With your attitude, I would expect complete success and that trip sounds very do-able.

Keep us posted. We love good, positive news here!

Hugs, Renee
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Geo621,
    Welcome! This is a wonderful site. You have the right attitude. Keep it up, it definitely helps. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, dear sister.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Welcome to the club none of
    Welcome to the club none of us wanted to join! We are truly an amazing group of (mostly) women~and you are now part of an elite group of I like to call Kindred Spirits.

Congrats on your wedding news~ being close to home with family isn't a bad thing either~ as long as you are connected with heartstrings to the one you love! And it sounds as if you are!

Hugs,
    ChenHeart
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Welcome
    This is a good place to connect with people who "get you". Don't hesitate to live your life to the fullest.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome, Geo!
    Glad you found us. Hang around and we'll help you along your journey. You can do it and then come on down to Florida, we'd love to have you! And, yes, you are right....we WILL survive.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    RE said:

Wecome
    Hi Geo, sorry you have a reason to be here but glad you found us! This is s great group of wonderfully supportive folks who truly care. Congrats on the upcoming wedding that is very exciting! I am sure you will get that Florida trip in time, actually my husband and kids headed to Florida for a week after my treatment ended way back in 98. Again welcome it is nice to meet you!

RE

Welcome and congrats on your
    Welcome and congrats on your upcoming marriage! You have found a supportive, kind and encouraging group of pink sisters here.

Good luck!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Welcome Geo and congrats on
    Welcome Geo and congrats on the wedding. You do sound like a positive person with a bit of bite, keep fighting and come here often. All my best!
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Welcome Geo
    I am glad you found us but sorry you had to. You have certainly come to the right place for information, support and a listening ear. Being here should make your journey a little less scary. Congrats on your upcoming wedding I know it helps to have someone at your side though all of this.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    ladyg said:

Welcome Geo
    I am glad you found us but sorry you had to. You have certainly come to the right place for information, support and a listening ear. Being here should make your journey a little less scary. Congrats on your upcoming wedding I know it helps to have someone at your side though all of this.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Welcome Geo
    I'm so sorry that you have a reason to be here, but you have a wonderful attitude. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Geo welcome to this wonderful board!!
    Just stick around and you will be amazed by the advice
    and support you are given on this site.

I am very happy that you are not letting cancer ruin your plans.
    There's a great video on Youtube called "chemo bride". I loved it
    and the story behind it. It is about a writer and fiance who still go
    forward with their wedding as she's undergoing chemo.

Keep us updated throughout your treatment.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Welcome
    This is a good place to connect with people who "get you". Don't hesitate to live your life to the fullest.

Yes, you will survive and we
    Yes, you will survive and we will help you along the way!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    aysemari said:

Geo welcome to this wonderful board!!
    Just stick around and you will be amazed by the advice
    and support you are given on this site.

I am very happy that you are not letting cancer ruin your plans.
    There's a great video on Youtube called "chemo bride". I loved it
    and the story behind it. It is about a writer and fiance who still go
    forward with their wedding as she's undergoing chemo.

Keep us updated throughout your treatment.

Hugs,
    Ayse

Welcome Geo,
    As everyone has

Welcome Geo,
    As everyone has said, welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding.
    This site is wonderful and will help you through anything.
    Keep us posted and best of luck, love and strenghth.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Welcome Geo and congrats on
    Welcome Geo and congrats on the wedding. You do sound like a positive person with a bit of bite, keep fighting and come here often. All my best!
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari

Saying hi to you too Geo and
    Saying hi to you too Geo and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Hugs, Diane