Positive Margins

Options

Two days after wide local excision to remove vin iii lesions, someone from my doctor's office called to tell me the patholgy report says margins are not clear. But, the girl said, the doctor says don't pay attention to it, because he ablated (?) tissue beyond the area excised. Honestly, I'm a bit ticked off that the doc is so cavalier about this. He's so unconcerned, he can't even be bothered to call. Grrr. Patholgy report clearly states margins are positive!

Comments

• Cometsmom
    Cometsmom Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I just wanted to reach out to you as sometimes this board is quiet. I understand how upset you must feel. I'm sure you have questions you need answered, by the doctor. Do you have a follow up soon? I'd ask all the questions HE should've given you answers/info about. On Monday I'll be three weeks out from a partial vulvectomy for VIN III. My pathology showed positive margins as well. We are doing close 3 month follow ups for at least a year. I had this before about 20-25 years ago with the same surgery. I'm 59 now, with no issues or problems since then. I'm hoping I'll never have to worry about this again.

Get your questions answered. That's the doctor's responsibility. I wish you all the best.

• skippingLiz
    skippingLiz Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Thank you for your note! Btw, do you have a kid named Comet? I have a Jack Russell named Comet !😃

• Cometsmom
    Cometsmom Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

our black lab was my Comet ❤️

• skippingLiz
    skippingLiz Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Comet's are the best!!! ❤️