New here, CEA panic

Options
Norm640
Norm640 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 15 in Colorectal Cancer #1

My dad was diagnosed with stage 2b colorectal cancer in 2022. After chemo pills, radiation and me giving him ivermectin, the tumor disappeared. Before cancer his cea was 2.78. In January it was 1.11.

We had a follow up in September of 2023 and his CEA was 2.9. Not great but it didn't concern me too much.

Dad is almost 82. He did not want infusion chemo, nor the surgery. His last 2 MRIs showed no cancer, only a residual mass, like a pencil eraser that the MRI guy said could be dead tissue or hemorrhoids.

We got blood work done today. His blood count is perfect, his metabolic panel is perfect except for kidney function is barely out of the normal range. However his CEA score is now 10.6

So we are seeing the doctor next week and obviously will do the MRI/CT scan again. We don't have cancer run in the family, his colorectal cancer never metastasized, his mass hasn't grown, he says he feels great.

I still give him ivermectin, and I was giving him fenvenzadole, the latter of which I just read can cause liver problems which I think could raise CEA.

Has anyone been in a situation where their CEA jumped like this? Thank you.

Ps. Please keep the lectures about ivermectin at a minimum. I believe it is why his tumor disappeared and I'm trying to keep him from being cutm

Comments

• papajohn1000
    papajohn1000 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Can you please tell me about the chemo pill I have looked all over the internet and can't find anything about it

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I am assuming the chemo pills are Xeloda or the generic Capecitabine?

I agree Ivermectin and Fenben block cancer pathways and helps to kill the cancer. It is amazing how parasites, fungus and viruses are so similar to cancer behaviors.

What is the dosage/timing of IVM and FenBen?

Is your dad still on the chemo pills or did the CEA go up after they took him off of them?

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

My CEA jumped, and they found a mass on my liver. That was taken care of, ten years ago next month, and I have been fine ever since.

I hope all is going well with your dad.

Tru

• smithdoor
    smithdoor Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I have stage 4 colon cancer.

The highest my CEA in 2009 was 3.6 the doctor said it chemo drugs.

Today with stage 4 my the CEA is 1.6.

The CEA I was told if leave got about 12 it time to do CAT scan. When do CAT scan or a MRI I am clear. A PET scan is the only thing that works for me.

Most a scan or a MRI will show cancer and the CEA and C19 with show cancer.

My doctors today only go by pain and where at or PET scan. But even pain on me it not best I have a lot back ingenious. So I am down have PET scan every few months

I would ask your dad if has pain where pain and how bad is the pain .