Didn't think it was important..

Options
CabbitPrincess
CabbitPrincess Member Posts: 1 Member

I still have imposter syndrome, I was diagnosed with colon cancer back in 2021 Dec, had it removed Jan 25th 2022. It was stage three, but I have a 12 percent chance to get it again, so low risk. I didn't go through chemo or anything like that. So for me I figured it wasn't that bad, but when I look back at the photos, I had lost so much weight, almost died twice cause of dehydration, was in and out of the ER, cause I didn't know what was going on. I was fine one day, then I wasn't. I know that colon cancer is slow growing, but I do remember back in 2017 I started to become more tired than normal, and that's one of the many symptoms of it, a warning sign. I just thought it was my depression etc. I didn't have support then, and I didn't have support when I was going through it, I was on so many antibiotics cause they didn't know what was going on, it tore up my stomach and lining in the colon pretty damn good. After surgery I had a break from reality, still feeling it to this day, not as bad mind you, but it was hard to go through this alone. I had people around me, but they wanted me to die.. that's another story. It's hard to even type this and look at what i'm typing, I almost died twice in bed, cause I couldn't drink water or even make myself eat, I was starving to death. I think or I hope, my goal here is to get the support I never got, try to work through what I went through, and come to terms that even though I didn't do chemo, I did go through having cancer, I did have major surgery, sigmod surgery, reattachment. It's shouldn't of been taken lightly, and people should of helped me when I couldn't even help myself. just for context, I went from 260 pounds to about 160 within a month .. that's how fast things started moving. Anyway, I hope this helps me, I haven't spoken about this this intensely.. if ever, so it's a first for me to even share this. And I went threw so much... so much.

Comments

• Rainbear26
    Rainbear26 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi there. I just became part of this forum this morning. My boyfriend’s colon cancer returned within a few months of being in remission in 2022. Jan 2023 he was stage 4. It’s been a year and we’re having to close our business and make changes. We thought we had another year before getting to this point. I’m scared. But that’s not why I wanted to reply. I wanted to give you a hug. You’re super brave and courageous to have done that alone. I’m sorry you didn’t have the support you needed and deserved. Maybe people around you didn’t know how to handle it or be present for you. I know you mentioned some other things, but I’m always looking for the positive side. I’m glad you’re here. I’m not sure what it is I’ll find in this forum, but some type of support because it’s hard watching someone you love not be able to be who they were. My boyfriend had lost 100 lbs also very quickly on his 6’2 frame. He doesn’t talk a lot and it’s draining trying to read his mind. He’s spends a lot of his down time (and right now there’s a lot of that) staring into space, but can’t tell me what he’s thinking. I kinda think he’s really not knowing what he’s thinking. I don’t know.