Surviving UPSC

Options
EZLiving66
EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

In August of 2025, at 63, I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. On September 30, 2015, I had a complete hysterectomy and was diagnosed with Stage III, UPSC. I came to this board a little bit after that looking for answers. I only made it through three chemos of carboplatin and taxotere. In December of 2015, I had a stroke after a chemo session where my blood pressure was 220/120 before my third infusion.

There were five of us who were diagnosed at about the same time on this board with UPSC - one was Stage I, one was Stage II, two of us were Stage III, and one was Stage IV. We got to be pretty good cyber friends. For some reason, I am the only one still here. I wish I could tell you there was some magic secret I could share, but there isn't. When I read those dismal statistics on survival rates, I realize just how lucky I am. But I'm living proof, some of us do make it! I've never had a recurrence (knock on wood) and 2024 will be my ninth anniversary.

Love,

Eldri

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

Eldri, how wonderful to hear from you and that you are doing well. How’s the neuropathy?

• EZLiving66
    Options

LOL, it's still there but hasn't gotten any worse. I went on Mounjaro last year, have lost 85#, off cholesterol and blood pressure meds along with the Glimepiride for diabetes. I've gone from 2000mg of Metformin to 500mg and I explained to my doctor I don't ever want to go off it entirely after reading articles that it may prevent UPSC from metastasizing. Just don't want to take a chance. I feel the best at 72 than I have in 20 years.

How are you doing? It's hard to believe over eight years has gone by since Ifirst came here. 💔 We lost so many wonderful women over the years.

Love,

Eldri

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Eldri,

Wonderful to see you here again! It's great to hear from survivors like you. I hope to continue to be one myself. I agree with you about Metformin. Best wishes.

• EZLiving66
    Options

Thank you! Life can be good after cancer.

Love,

Eldri

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Eldri, I can't tell you how good it is to hear from you. Through all the crap, you have made us laugh with some of your endeavors. SO good to hear you are doing well.

NoTime

• EZLiving66
    Options

It just warms my heart to see some of my long-time friends on here are still going strong! We are proof there is hope!

Love,

Eldri

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Hey, Eldri, it's so good to hear from you! I'm very happy that you are doing amazingly well and I hope that wonderful news continues for decades! I will always remember that we both got married on the same date in the same year. Quite a coincidence indeed!!

Stay well and keep up the fantastic work!

MoeKay

• Giana23
    Giana23 Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm 61 with 3IIC serous carcinoma. You have given me extra hope today.

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Eldri, good to hear from you and I'm so glad you're doing well! I remember when you said you dyed your hair green!

• calj
    calj Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

This is my 1st day on this forum (dx 8/2017 with UPSC 4B). It's wonderful to see this post and, no doubt, it gives others hope. Thank you for sharing.

Like you, I went through my earlier chapters with a few others that were diagnosed at the same time. They've since passed but will not be forgotten.

Amazing to hear you never had any recurrences. I've had 4 - including the brain - but, fortunately, I've been NED since Sept 2022.

Sending warm hugs and healing light!

• bilalbasitabbasi
    bilalbasitabbasi Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi, my mother has been diagnosed with Endometrial Carcinosarcoma Figo stage 1b with myometrial invasion of greater than 50%, and lympnodes negative. I want to know if anyone here has similar disease and what their treatment is like. Thank you and and prayers for everyone on this forum

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Welcome. So sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis. Your mother's type of cell is called MMMT too. That will help you search for information. There are women here who have that type of cell and are 5 year survivors. The board has been very quiet lately. I think there are FB groups for this cancer that are active. I can't give you the name but you can search online or contact one of the members with that type of cell. They may know.

• bilalbasitabbasi
    bilalbasitabbasi Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I am so grateful for your response. May you remain safe, healthy and happy always!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

And I hope your mom finds herself on that same path. Do come back and let us know how things are going.

• NoTimeForCancer
    Options

So happy you posted. Please continue to visit, even though it can be quite.

• bluehyacinth
    bluehyacinth Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I am sure there are others out there diagnosed 2015, 3CII extensive LVSI, was told terminal in 2016 with liver mets went on Keytruda for 4 years still in remission.

• bluehyacinth
    bluehyacinth Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options

forgot alwso USPC

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Wonderful to hear all your good news! Very uplifting. Thank you so much for updating and sharing your story.

• ziasoleil
    ziasoleil Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I’m a 49 year survivor of stage IV uterine cancer. I chose alternative treatments, followed Garson protocols and went to the Oasis of Hope in Mexico. I was also treated with herbs, bodywork and did visualization. My diet was Vegan for four years and I still avoid all junk food and eat veggies and make fresh juices. I still have my uterus. My non toxic treatment left me in the best health of my life and I have been basically healthy ever since.

• NoTimeForCancer
    Options

ziasoleil, very happy you are still doing so well. Things have changed so much in 49 years. Everyone must do their own research and make their own decisions.