Shocking result

Options
ali90h7
ali90h7 Member Posts: 24 Member
edited November 2023 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

After radiotherapy, unfortunately, the examination showed a significant increase in the size of the tumor (3.4 cm).

Since February, when the tumor appeared, it was 1.9 cm in size. After chemotherapy, it became 1.1 cm in size. After that, I underwent 33 radiation sessions, and I was surprised by the increase in size.

I was honestly shocked.

There is also narrowing of the pharynx.

( Status post tracheostomy, total laryngectomy and right hemithyroidectomy on 02/08/2022. There is interval increase in size and FDG uptake of the left submandibular soft tissue mass, now measuring 3.4 x 2.2 cm with SUVmax 7.5, with significant oropharyngeal narrowing, previously measuring up to 1.3 cm with SUVmax 5.3 .
Focal increased radiotracer uptake in the left mandibular region with an SUV-max of 5.5 corresponding to soft tissue density inseparable from the soft tissue mass . This lesion could be related to metastatic lymph node. To be correlated to ultrasound or MRI.
There is normal homogeneous attenuation of the left hemi thyroid, with no abnormal FDG uptake. Persistent mildly increased focal FDG uptake in the proximal esophagus, likely reactive. The brain is normal on the non-contrast CT scan with no hypermetabolic foci exceeding the normal cerebral cortex. )

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the oncologist to see what options I have remaining.

I see that things are heading for the worse😔

Comments