Dx with uterine cx 5 years ago, newly dx with breast cancer

Options
Denise66
Denise66 Member Posts: 81 Member

Has any had breast cancer after having uterine cancer? I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in 2018. Just diagnosed with breast cancer in May. Has anyone been through this?

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this! There are other women here who have had a diagnosis of breast cancer after endometrial. Primavera comes to mind. You can search her story, or I think you can message her. I think she was on the board recently. I hope she comments. Treatment for breast cancer has greatly improved.

• Denise66
    Options

Thank you so much. I just reached out to her.

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear this! Praying your new diagnosis will turn out to be small and curable!

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Denice66, I am so sorry to see this development. Sending you best wishes for a thorough diagnosis and successful treatment. Are you otherwise doing well on the UC front? Oldbeauty

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Hi, Denise

I’m sorry to hear this, too.

You might have seen my recent posts about a new lung cancer diagnosis after Stage II Fallopian tube, secondary peritoneal in 2020. My research tells me as many as 1 in 6 former cancer patients will develop a new primary cancer at some point. Also, regardless of original cancer site….colon, gastric, liver, bladder, kidney….54% will develop primary lung cancer.

When you were treated for your uterine cancer did they do genetic testing? I think there’s a genetic link between breast and GYN cancers, involving the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes. I hope Primavera responds.

I totally emphasize with the overwhelming feeling of, “Really? What now?? We’re doing this again??” It’s horrible.

Best of luck to you. Prayers and hugs.

❤️, A

• Denise66
    Options

Thank you

Yes, I had genetic testing. I have an ATM variant of unknown significance.