The wheels are in motion

Options
2»

Comments

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Good morning! As you know I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Stage 1A, Grade 3 in August. Yesterday’s second post-op visit went well. The hospitals standard of care is to get brachytherapy (radiation), but my oncologist is fine with us just doing observation for now as long as I come back every 3 months for a check-up. We considered and weighed all the short/long term side effects of brachytherapy and plan to wait for now. There was no residual cancer or metastasis after my total hysterectomy. Thank you Lord for always being there when I need you! Amen!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you are doing. It is kind of hard for some people to accept the fact of choosing no treatment. But all the studies I have read for grade 3 endometrial cancer stage 1A, and especially those with no malignancy in the hysterectomy specimen, show no reduction is the rate of recurrence with treatment. I also chose no treatment and I am 5 years out NED. I think we always worry about it but good luck. Happy for you.