I feel alone…

Options
Kyliedanii
Kyliedanii Member Posts: 2 *

Hi,

so I wanted to tell my story and maybe just get some advice.

I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer at 22 years old. My doctor says I’m one in a million for this diagnosis.. I feel guilty for being diagnosed on my moms birthday, I feel like now she just connects her birthday with the day her little girls whole world shattered from beneath her. I’m now 24, in remission… hopefully. I spent from the ages of 16 to 21 begging doctors to allow me to see an OB and they refused it. I’ve never had a period but I’d have random bout of bleeding when it was the most inconvenient time possible and without warning.. I could be chilling in class eating a burrito and I get up to throw my trash away and the chair is covered in blood and sadly as am I.. High School was a lot of panic attacks because I had undiagnosed Endometriosis.. Which caused me to develop precancer and cancer in my uterus. I’m being treated with an IUD because I have the dream of being a mom someday, but I also feel like that window isn’t open to me..

anyways, I feel like nobody understands the pain that I developed from this, I am in a constant state of anxiety, like it’s rather debilitating. Anytime I get a ache in my breast or I’m having issues breathing, or something so beyond ridiculous happens to my body I panic thinking that it’s back.. Everyone around me try’s to support me but I can tell they don’t understand it. The year I was diagnosed I turned into a monster, I pushed my entire support system away and burnt all the bridges because I was so afraid but also so beyond hurt by the universe I wanted nobody to experience my existence. I felt I was better off alone because I was caving in mentally.. Now I’m sunken in and I don’t know how to get out..

also, the cramps I get from having my IUD are unforgiving and I never know how to get rid of them…

Comments

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

We are here for you! I understand your anxiety and pain! I am 68, post-menopausal, and started spotting in May. After bloodwork, I went to the doctor and was put on antibiotic for a possible UTI. The spotting didn’t stop, so last Wednesday I had a D&C. My results came in as Uterine Cancer, Grade 1. I can’t get into the oncologist until July17th for my consultation and then a hysterectomy is in the forecast! Now I’m confused because an addendum was just added to my diagnoses stating my Ki-67 is at 50%, which I don’t think is good! I plan to see my GYN tomorrow for a follow-up appointment. You have been through so much, reach out to your family and friends and don’t give up!

• Kyliedanii
    Kyliedanii Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Thank you, and I hope everything with your diagnosis goes well. I really appreciate you taking the time to share that with me. ♥️

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

oh Kyliedanii, I am sorry to hear you have had to go through so much so young. I hope you find someone you can talk to, and trust, to help you deal with some of the anxiety. I are too young to have to continue to struggle with it and there are people who can help.

I am happy to hear you are doing well and suspect your mother is as well.

• pik3r1
    pik3r1 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hi Kyliedanii, I feel for you. I had regular periods, but when my cancer kicked in the situation got just excessive and really _really_ messy. I was so ashamed, though it wasn't my fault at all. I can't imagine what it would be like if I was expecting nothing at all.

It sounds like you've been through a lot in general. Please do reach out to family and/or friends. I've found most people are surprisingly good and just keep their distance if they believe that's what you want. Maybe ask for a small favor so you have an opportunity to respond with gratitude.

And don't be afraid to ask doctors all your questions and get a second opinion on anything really out of the usual. I say that because I'm trying to work up the courage preparing myself to go the second opinion route the next time I have a decision. It's apparently a common thing now, since no single doctor knows all the answers as you've unfortunately experienced in the past. My worry level always goes down a bit when I know I've given anything its due diligence. That, and lots of breating exercises.

Best wishes to you!

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Here is a support group for gyno cancer patients that are young women. The site has a lot of useful information about uterine cancer and there is a helpline (you leave a message and someone will call you back).

Best wishes and many hugs.