Feeling lonely and isolated

Options
Kirismum
Kirismum Member Posts: 1 Member

My husband was recently diagnosed with non Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He is being treated at Gibbs Cancer Center in Pelham, SC. I am his caregiver. The prognosis is good. We lost our daughter to breast cancer 7 years ago. My husband does not want his diagnosis to be public; only a few close friends know. We are new to the area and I don’t want to burden new friends with my emotional needs. I have PTSD from my daughter’s illness and death and I feel isolated and lonely. I just need someone to talk to, preferably privately and online. I can handle the physical parts of caregiving easily but I have a history of clinical depression and I need emotional support. 

Comments

• Miranda7
    Miranda7 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter and now fir your husband’s diagnosis. I am sure you are in shock… Please try to lean on God as much as possible. Tell people at church what you’re going through and they will help you. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🩵🩵🩵🩵

• lizzy123456
    lizzy123456 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Vent here online when you can and there is a chat room as well. Self-care is also important. Take time for yourself and do things you love. I wish you the best!

• Kris1226
    Kris1226 Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

First....BIG hugs to you. My husband was just diagnosed this week and I'm feeling lost, scared and inadequate. My heart goes out to you.

• patsydinkelspiel
    patsydinkelspiel Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

i am so sorry to hear of your husband’s diagnosis. My partner is undergoing chemo with stage four stomach cancer and I anticipate that I will finally cry and let it all out after I can’t be strong anymore. It’s just not today. Feeling lonely but grateful for his presence today.

• kuronrp
    kuronrp Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

You are very tough and I pray you continue to stay uplifted and positive as much as possible. I know losing your daughter was tough but on the brighter side, your husband has a survival expectation which is amazing news. Much love to you and your family