Just Tuning In - Still Going ;)

Options
2»

Comments

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited June 2023 #22
    Options

I just realized I posted earlier to you. Doh. I was catching up with everyone. But hello again :)

• NewHere
    Options

A link to the trial is below. My basic understanding of this is a modified bird virus is used so that cancer cells become visible to immunotherapy. It was three infusions of the bird virus for me. (I have mutations which had me being one of those who immunotherapy was not a real option back in 2017, but was told that it research was progressing on it, and they expected it to show promise with a few years. ) Anyway, results are not out on this, the study is still progressing. I may be the outlier in all of this, but it has worked for sure. They did not think I was going to make it through last year.

https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-drug/def/recombinant-newcastle-disease-virus-encoding-interleukin-12-medi9253

• NewHere
    Options

Hey everyone,

I am doing well, with the main issue of being tired on some days. (That cannot move from chair, under blanker, sleeping tired.). The CT scan I had yesterday shows that everything looks stable still. I will find out what the drug trial read findings are on the tumors that are being specifically tracked next week.

The only issue is that a spine MRI about two weeks ago showed that one of the tumors in my spine is misbehaving/showing activity. So I was mapped for radiation the other day and scheduled to have three sessions next week. They want to get ahead of this one based on my history. I will be having a focal MRI and PET scan before the first treatment to triple check things, but it is pretty clear that time to get zapped a bit.

• MandiePandie
    MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I am so so glad you are getting relief from your pain. Onwards and Upwards. :)