Just Saying Hello

Options
2»

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options

Hi Ron: I'm so glad you posted. There were several times I left you a message and never heard back from you so I'm so thrilled to see your post. I remember you very well and followed you through the years as you were one of the first people that I met when coming onto this board. You always contributed to help others through this journey. I remember you struggled with a lot because of chemo. So glad that you chimed in. As you can see from my original post, I'm not on here much because of this format. Like Dave said, if it wasn't for an email I would have never checked it. Take care of yourself and hope to see you posting again :)

Kim

• NJC
    NJC Member Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Blast from the past. Glad to see the ‘old timers’ doing well, and even Ron popped his head in to say “hi”. Be we’ll all!

• Annabelle41415
    Options

Thank you for posting. You have been here for quite some time too. Glad that you stopped in to say hi. Hope you are doing well :)

Kim

• Sestra17
    Sestra17 Member Posts: 68 Member
    Options

So good to hear from you. I agree the new forum is not very user friendly, at least for me. I do pop on from time to time to check on familiar folks. I’m so glad you are doing well. I had my five year checkup last Sept, and all is well. Keep swimming 😄

• pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options

It seems like many of us find the boards to not be user friendly, myself included. Doesn’t it seem like the American Cancer Society - I believe this is their website, is paying any attention. . It is a very well funded non profit and these boards can be a life line to those going through the cancer journey. I am going to contact them and express my displeasure. Rather than putting up with it, let’s raise a ruckus.

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 199
    Options

Thank you for your comment, pamness. We always welcome feedback and suggestions. You can select the button at the top titled "Contact CSN" to share your input.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited February 2023 #29
    Options

Add my voice to the chorus of people unhappy with the reformat and the destruction of the helpful community that once existed. It is heartbreaking to see new members post and receive no helpful replies, and they often leave promptly instead of getting the information and support they deserve. I drop by less and less frequently, but I still try to help where I can. It is a pity ACS destroyed a helpful tool seemingly because some uninvolved tech person said the new format is the only way. . .

See also: New Forum Format: Feedback for Administrators — Cancer Survivors Network

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

I do feel awful not being here for the newbies. I really should try to navigate the new format, so that I can add my little bit of experience.

One other problem I have, which isn't too hard to get over, is that I have to sign in every time, even though I have the box checked.

Good to see you all here, guys.

TRU

• Annabelle41415
    Options

Pamness, so good to see your post and I remember you well. I totally agree with this site not being user friendly. I guess they got some IT grad out of college and they decided that this was the young people's way to communicate, but it is the most confusing and worst message board I've ever been on. Therefore, I'm never on it anymore. I just wish they would go back to something like the old format. Oh well, enough of my 2 cents again about this site. Glad to see you are here. Wishing you the best.

Kim