Possible Causes?

2»

Comments

• Footdoc
    Footdoc Member Posts: 13 Member

Jana ,

Hey hows it going ? Happy to tell you Mom is still around , more talkative . We are using the Optune device , and no longer taking TMZ for fear of low platelets and such. Shes still on Keppra and Vimpat but lately shes getting hallucinations ( she says she saw her sister get shot , saw a man in the closet, sees ppl outside) and sometimes calls out to ppl that arent there , and other nonsensical things.. Her neuro oncologist says sounds like a psychiatry issue so getting an appt for eval soon. I read one Keppra side effect is hallucinations , but her doc Rx 50mg of B6 in the meantime. Her last MRI showed no growth/progression so the doc said to f/u in 3 months.. now if we can just take care of these unwanted hallucinations... thinking a neuro opthamology consult as well

Have u heard of such things with GBM s/p chemo/radiation in elderly while taking Keppra ?

• sherah
    sherah Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey footdoc I follow pretty much all of your post and was doing some research myself and decided to send you this article. Maybe it could be of some use. Wishing you and your mother well thinking of you guys even though I don’t know you. I’m not allowed to post link so I did a screenshot. Maybe you can look the post up, wow the screenshot didn’t work either

“Levetiracetam for Managing Neurologic and Psychiatric Disorders”

Muhammad U. Farooq; Archit Bhatt; Arshad Majid; Rishi Gupta; Atul Khasnis; Mounzer Y. Kassab