Struggles in Survivorship?

Options
13»

Comments

• Basils
    Basils Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Did you ever find what you needed? I am being treated currently at UC Davis Medical Center in California and realized they do not have support groups for breast cancer at all and the cancer center is more generic. The doctors are skilled but I didn't want to go through this treatment alone. I think going through it with new friends and might make the biggest difference and I hope you found some friends there. I find that online is not nearly the same as meeting for coffee. I made some flyers and plan to put them in a surgical oncologist office. Hoping someone will reach out. It might be something you like to do as well. Even if you're not currently being treated, you can put them in the offices where you were being treated and maybe meet some friends who are going through it right now. I hope I will be able to create a little community because I think I would feel exactly like you are feeling without them

• dreaming
    dreaming Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

You can try to find support groups with the American Cancer Society. Also it should have a monitor.