Trying to find a plastic surgeon for reconstructive breast surgery in Nashville TN

Options
Moonlightsharon
Moonlightsharon Member Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hello. My name is Sharon. My oncologist told me to find a chat room to see if anyone can tell me anything about the plastic surgeons at Vanderbilt breast center. I tried one in Knoxville and he just came up with excuses not to do it like saying I had radiation so he can't. Most cancer patients do get radiation. Any how, I've been to Vanderbilt for other things and worked out great. They have 4 surgeons at that location in Nashville. I'm willing to go 2 hours away to find someone good. I live in Crossville TN. I had triple negative breast cancer back in April 2011. I'm finally wanting to do this since I have been in remission over 10 years.

Also, has anyone had reconstructive surgery done and did you have implants or your body fat injected into your breast? How was your results and recovery?

Thank You

Sharon

Comments

• CancerFreeSunny
    CancerFreeSunny Member Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I had breast reconstruction and had implants. I did not have the fat injections. The doctor said he prefers implants. :)

• Moonlightsharon
    Moonlightsharon Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Which doctor did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?

• CancerFreeSunny
    CancerFreeSunny Member Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I'm sorry. It is in South Carolina. Unless you dont mind the drive :)

• MarkinsonBs
    MarkinsonBs Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2022 #5
    Options

I had some fat injected and the work was done well. I liked the results, and the recovery was pretty quick. If you kept looking for a doctor who could do it, it would help you, because it's hard to live with damaged breasts. I had a hard time accepting myself, I thought about it all the time. I couldn't get anyone physically involved, and that was a big disappointment.

• starrb62
    starrb62 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi Sharon. I am currently being treated by Vanderbilt for my breast cancer and recon surgery. The plastics doc I have is Dr. Lauren Conner. I currently have expanders and will have the recon surgery in the spring of 2023. So far, i have been completely pleased with Dr. Conner. As well as all the docs/nurses I have been seeing.