I want to share with you my emotions

JillGarcia
JillGarcia Member Posts: 3 Member
edited 4:48PM in Liver Cancer #1

Hello everyone!

I want to share with you my story from getting diagnosed to living with liver cancer. My name is Jill Garcia I'm 38 yo. Mom of a boy and we are from Nevada. I am diagnosed with liver cancer in the beginning of 2022. It’s very hard to describe my emotions and loved ones when I was diagnosed… Of course we didn’t know any clinics, we would never have thought that this was waiting for one of us. We started reading a lots of articles and about cancer. As I remember my son found first symptoms somewhere [link removed by CSN]. In that moment I was sure I'll get diagnosed. Of course I try not to talk about cancer not to cause even more pain to my family but I know how much they care about me and maybe it's a big mistake. In june of 2022 I started my treatment which is still going on. It’s hard to say how I’m feeling now but I feel lonely all the time… I hope I’ll find a bit of support here I just want to share my emotions and just to talk. I know how imagination works and I understand how loved ones can think about things worse than they really are but I'm still afraid to make them constantly think about it. But the feeling of expecting something bad does not leave me. Autumn is my favourite season and I’m fighting to see it again! Do you share your emotions with your family?

Jill

Comments

321 Member Posts: 1 *

Hi Jill I also was diagnosed with liver cancer and feeling alone is just the beginning for me I'm afraid I'm presently on immunotherapy every 3weeks I just do t wanna be in pain and put my family thru unnecessary hurt although it's nothing I can do but take it one day at a time

• Allenchipipa
    Allenchipipa Member Posts: 1 *

First experiences are hard to contain. My wife started chemo today for gallbladder cancer. I am so afraid. No counselling has been offered and am just speculating on my expectations. My worry is that she is already weak due to persistent vomiting. Am dead worried. Wish you well and God's divine healing during this awful journey.