Six Year Tests

Bay Area Guy
Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 560 Member
edited 8:41PM in Kidney Cancer #1

I haven’t been around for a while…..traveling…..woo hoo. But back home and had tests/scans needed for my annual survivorship program appointment. The results are already in. Creatinine was 0.94, better than before my merry-go-round started. eGFR was 89, also a high for me. Chest x-rays were clear. And the ultrasound showed two renal cysts that have been present in every scan I’ve had. So, Uncle NED remains a close, visiting relative.

The actual appointment comes a week from today.

Comments

• Lynn_65
    Lynn_65 Member Posts: 26 Member

Congratulations! Time to celebrate.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,004 Member

Our favorite news! Regards to Uncle NED! :-)

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 531 Member

Congrats! Great news!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 489 Member

Congratulations!

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 523 Member
  • Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 259 Member

Congratulations on being Ned

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 382 Member

Awesome. Congrats!!!

• Blessedgirl94
    Blessedgirl94 Member Posts: 12 Member

we were diagnosed around the same time, similar size tumors…..

i have been exited from protocol- no scans, ultrasound, nothing. I checked in with the other large hospital and they confirmed protocol.

are you still able to be scannned yearly? I would love to know your protocols.

thanks!

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 560 Member

The original schedule was for 4 years of annual scan/x-rays. I was then moved to their Survivorship Program. No scan for my first visit, which was December, 2021. I asked for an ultrasound and x-ray at that visit, and that came with this visit. At this visit, the NP said there wasn’t a whole lot left for me in terms of what they could do, so I was released from that program with a clean bill of health. My plan is to discuss with my primary care physician a schedule to get an ultrasound and x-ray every couple of years to go along with the blood and urine tests I get every year with my annual physical. I likely don’t need it, but it’s just for peace of mind.

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 224 Member

Wow I am envious of your Creatinine and eGFR! What great news. I think all that traveling is keeping you one healthy guy. Keep it up. Take care ~

• Blessedgirl94
    Blessedgirl94 Member Posts: 12 Member

Thanks for the info. I will work w my PCP to get on some sort of schedule.

• Shecka1121
    Shecka1121 Member Posts: 117 Member

Wonderful news.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 956 Member

Good to hear the good news, Bay. Happy travels, my friend!

Stub