Stage 4 Gallbladder cancer. Please help!

Options
mukund007
mukund007 Member Posts: 1 *
edited June 2022 in Emotional Support #1

This year's february was the worst month in my entire 20 years of life. My mother had jaundice and on inspection she was diagnosed with stage 4 gallbladder cancer which had metastatised to gallbladder segment 4a,4b and some other parts of liver, largest measuring 12mm but the primary tumor itself is 8.3 cm. Lymph nodes around the diaphragm and ower lung lobes are active with 13mm being the largest lymph node noted near 2nd part of lower deudenum.

It is having a HER2(3+) overexpression and is being treated with cisplatin(40mg), gemicitabine(1600mg) and trastuzumab(390mg) but recent CA19-9 level has increased from 1982 to 12650.

My mother is only 45 years of age without any health issues(sugar, high bp, thyroid etc). I have been crying ever since she was diagnosed with this cancer.

Senior surgeons have told they cannot remove it all as the cancer is widespread and the chemo+immunotherapy seems to have increase the CA19-9 levels indicating failure of 1st line of chemotherapy.

I am still in tears writing this. I have been working hard to see my mother happy and experience rich life as she belonged to a lower middle class family. She had been working her **** off to make my life better and here I am not giving anything back. I cannot repay her even if I pay her with my life.

I feel like suiciding is the only option. My world is being destroyed and I can't face it.

She is having PET and CT scans tomorrow. Let's see what happens.

Oncologists clearly explained me that she has only 2-3 months with palliative chemo but I can't accept it. I'm still searching for solutions online and waiting for miracles to happen. She is a big believer in god and I myself am a huge believer in god but after experiencing all of this, all I can do is blame god.

Comments

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 205
    Options

Hi mukund007,

My name is Ken and I am a member of the CSN Support Team. First, I would like to express how sorry I am that your mom is in this difficult situation. Cancer affects everyone in different ways and at times it can be especially challenging. If you are interested in seeking some emotional support, we have a variety of resources that may be available to you. Most importantly, we want you to know that you are not alone.

The American Cancer Society is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to find the assistance you need. I hope you will reach out to us soon. If you think it would be helpful, you may also consider contacting the National Hopeline Network. They can help individuals who are struggling to cope with any thoughts and feelings. Their number is 1-800-784-2433 - or they can be reached through chat at https://www.imalive.org

Or you might try contacting Befrienders.org at http://www.befrienders.org. They also help provide support.

We wish you the best during this tough time,

Ken

CSN Support Team