Finished Chemo!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I could tell my muscles were getting weaker. I had always lifted weights and rode a stationary bike for years. I am going to start back to lifting my 3 pound weights three times a week, but I'm not sure about the bike, because I'm going to have to have a knee replacement. Since it's no impact, I'm hoping I can ride it most of the time. If you will at least start stretching your muscles, it will help, then maybe you can get on an exercise routine. The more you do, the more energy you are likely to have. It's hard getting started; I have gotten lazy. Still praying for you!

• Sunny5
    Options

I noticed I said "hormones for me." I meant to say "NO hormones."

• Sunny5
    Options

I just noticed I put hormones for me. I meant NO hormones. I need to proofread better. I hope you are better every day. Would like to know how you are doing now.

• Truckincrazy1
    Truckincrazy1 Member Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Better, still have my down days, but more up days, getting out more, found an awesome oncology social worker that has helped me so much. I got rid of a LPC that I was seeing, but she wasn't really helping me much and last session she had me in tears, long story, so stopped seeing her.

I start PT on my legs tomorrow. After telling drs and my health provider a million times that my legs hurt and I can't walk they finally agreed to PT. My FNP that was the best ever has left the practice and I am heart broken, I hope her replacement is just as good.

I don't know if we are allowed to share treatments but I will post this here.

My cousin is an LPC and it is stressful helping people with their mental issues and she told me about a therapy called Zero Balance. It was created by an osteopath. Its like acupuncture but its more touch therapy with your clothes on. I can go into more detail if you would like. I cannot describe how amazing you feel afterwards, the stress and anxiety is gone. Google Fritz Smith, M.D., he is the doctor that started it.

• Sunny5
    Options

That sounds awesome! And you are active in being your own best advocate, which is the best thing anyone can do! Good to hear you are better! I have my knee replacement scheduled for January. Sometimes it's hard to get around, but at least I can walk. My breast and nerves in my underarm are still sore and it's been 10 weeks since my last radiation treatment. I know it will get well eventually, but it's aggravating. I had an MRI and Xrays on my lower back today; we'll see what is going on there. I'm falling apart! LOL

• Sunny5
    Options

Terri, how are you doing now? My breast is still sore and a little swollen even three months after my last radiation. I see my cancer dr. the 17th. I'll ask if that's normal.

• Truckincrazy1
    Options

I am getting better, insisted on Physical Therapy for my legs since I still have no energy or able to walk very far. PT told me my legs and hips are very week. Breast is tender and sore, the muscle around it and unable to lift it above my head. I have done zero balance with a practitioner and that was the most amazing experience I have ever had and I highly recommend it. https://www.zerobalancing.com/ See if you can find one in your area.

I found a great oncology social worker that has been a great support to me emotionally, I recommend anyone to find one to find that one person, therapist and doctor you truly click with and they get you.

Please keep me posted as to what the doctor says. Do you do Facebook or messenger? I find this site hard to follow and even though I get emails from this site saying who made a reply sometimes I can't find it or its been weeks since it was posted. Anywho please stay in touch, I'm always here for you and anyone else that needs support.

• Sunny5
    edited October 2022 #29
    Options

I am on Facebook and Messenger. Send me a friend request. Content removed by CSN moderator)

• Truckincrazy1
    edited October 2022 #30
    Options

Becky, I sent you a PM on FB, your profile is set to private and I am unable to send you a friends request.

(Content removed by CSN moderator).

Blessed be!

Terri

• minicoops
    minicoops Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I am currently undergoing proton radiation. I have like 2 weeks left - down to the home stretch.

• Truckincrazy1
    Options

How did you find out what kind of radiation you had? I asked my doctor and she wouldn't give me an answer. Is proton radiation different?

• minicoops
    minicoops Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Proton radiation is different. There are only 40 locations in the country. You have more skin reactions with proton radiation but less after effects such as heart and lung problems. They are able to target the area, which is good in the sense that the nearby organs won’t be affected. You have to go to specific locations and some people have to go out of state for it. I was lucky that there are 5 nearby me. I was a prime candidate because I already have heart and lung issues. There’s websites online about it if you type in proton radiation.

• Truckincrazy1
    Options

Thank you for your response. I asked my doctor why I didn't have to hold my breath during treatment in order to avoid the beam hitting my heart. My left breast was effected. She showed me on the computer since I am small that the beam did not go near my heart, which was a good thing. I was just wondering what kind of radiation I had and/or if there were different kinds.