Finished Chemo!!!

minicoops
minicoops Member Posts: 11 Member
edited 4:01PM in Breast Cancer #1

I just wanted to say that yesterday was my LAST chemo day! WAHOO! I rang the bell and everyone cheered. Next up will be surgery. I'm just happy to be done with chemo because that stuff was toxic for me.

Comments

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 68 Member

Congratulations! I finished chemo in April. Nothing like ringing that bell! I have had my surgery and am cancer free. Next is radiation. Good luck and blessings to you!

• CatShaw
    CatShaw Member Posts: 12 Member

Congratulations to both of you!!! Finishing chemotherapy is an amazing accomplishment and you should both be proud!! 2 weeks out and I am, too!

• jersancas
    jersancas Member Posts: 2 Member

Congratulations!!! It is always a good feeling to have another step completed in this journey.

• AlexisM22
    AlexisM22 Member Posts: 3 Member

Congratulations!!! That's amazing! I am half way through and know I'll be doing cartwheels when I'm finished 😁👍💗

• minicoops

Thank you all. Surgery is tomorrow (July 7). I'll find out soon if I'm cancer free!

• CatShaw

I hope your surgery went well! It's almost unbelievable when the doctor tells you that you are cancer free.

• Sunny5

I hope your surgery went well! I finished radiation on Monday. I am so glad to be done with it. Prayers and good wishes to all of you on here!

• CatShaw

Congratulations, Sunny! I can't wait to start radiation and get it over with!

• Sunny5

That's exactly how I was, too! It will go fast. Do you know how many treatments you will have?

• CatShaw

I have 25 treatments. How many did you have? And did you have to have the tattoos done? I asked the hospital if they could do radiation without the tattoos and they said they will try.

• Sunny5

I had 19 treatments. They didn't do tattoos, they did permanent markers and stickers. It has washed off. I don't know why they all do this. The stickers stayed on through the whole treatment. One came off in the shower right before my last treatment, but it wasn't in a strategic place. See if they can do that for you. Have a blessed day!

• CatShaw

Thank you for letting me know! I was told even with the tattoos they do the stickers and permanent marker, so I would rather just do that and save myself one last reminder of this, lol. Are you taking any hormones now? I started the Lupron shots a d will begin an aromatose inhibitor and Verzenia.

• Sunny5

I am 75 years old and my breast cancer was triple negative, so hormones for me. Also they first said they wanted me to take Zeloda for a few years but my cancer dr decided it would be too hard on me so I'm not going to do that, either. I had already to take my chances and not take them anyway, after reading the side effects. It would be like going through chemo all over again.

• minicoops

To everyone: I had my surgery and am not cancer free! Surgery was a success but of course I got sick two days after and spent over 2 weeks in the hospital with c Diff. I came home finally and think I’m recovering well from that, but I have a cold.

So yes I’m cancer free and really happy about that, but I’m also miserable because I’m sick with multiple things and my body is giving me a difficult time recovering. And also I can’t take narcotics because of the c Diff so the surgery healing was painful.

• CatShaw

I can understand why it would be better for you not to take that medication.

I just turned 40 so I have 10 years of hormones to keep my estrogen low and put me into menopause.

• CatShaw

Congratulations on being cancer free! I'm sorry that you are sick though! I hope you recover from both the surgery and your illness soon! Best of luck to you!

• Sunny5

Congratulations! I hope your sickness passes quickly!

• Truckincrazy1
    Truckincrazy1 Member Posts: 38 Member

Congratulations!