Ch-Ch-Changes

MandiePandie
MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member

Its been too long since Ive checked in. I feel really guilty for not logging on sooner but; I had a baby which has changed everything in the most wonderful way. Also the new format is ugly and not user friendly so thats a less than inviting change.

I see that Tueffels Dad is gone. So heartbreaking. I think she mentioned leaving the site and that makes sense of course, I might send her a message to thank her and her dad for sharing with us, but I also I dont want to serve as some sort of thorn to remind her. Still thinking on that one.

I plan on updating my main profile with my dads timeline, I cant remember my last posts here either so Ill just point out a few things here.

Dads doing good now. Diagnosed December of 2020 Stage 3A T2N1M0 adenocarcinoma, normal CEA, CA19-9 tested after resection but not before and it was normal. Negative Perineural invasion, positive lymphovascular invasion, KRAS and BRAF were normal, cant remember exactly but whatever was most common he was. Had a resection in Jan 2021. Had infection shortly after and had to have an ileostomy. Did 6 treatments of FOLFOX. Nausea, anxiety/depression, fatigue,weight loss and cold sensitvity were his bigest side effects. He has mild neuropathy, but very mild, almost a year out from finishing. Probably due to only doing 6 treatments instead of 12, hopefully the 6 were enough as some studies suggest.

A few weeks after finishing chemo in June 2020 he has hematuria (blood in his urine), lasted for a week or so and stopped. No pain. Ended having a bladder scope and nothing was discovered. Hasnt had a problem since.

Somewhere after chemo he had a CT that showed a possible metastisis near an artery in his abdomen, but a PET scan showed it was not that and either inflammation from his surgery or an inactive lymph node that had responded to chemo. Hopefully it was the former.

In September of 2021 he had his ileostomy reveresed and by the grace of whatever controls fate, he has not had any issues. Recovered fairly well. Back to normal bowel habits. Thats also when I had my baby and he met his first grandchild.

He has gained a little too much weight and about a month ago his blood pressure started to sky rocket but other than that he has been good.

In a week he has his PET scan. CEA was a .7 and CA19-9 was a 2, higher than before but still normal I guess. Nerves are through the roof.

I hate how unfair it is that not everyone can have some reprieve like it seems we are. In some ways it just makes me superstituous and I dont even want to hope that it lasts out of fear that it wont. Doesnt make sense I know.

Im just putting this out there, not because I think anyone is necessarily waiting for an update, but more so for anyone in the future who stumbles upon this while researching there prognosis or that of a loved one. This is just what has happened so far.

I am eternally grateful for anyone who has ever replied to my posts, really. You all are so kind to give an anxious daughter your time and energy.

Comments

• MandiePandie

Oh, and she looks so much like my father.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member

She's beautiful Mandie! I'm glad your pop is NED and steady, and down to counting time . Being fortunate here does bring a survivor's guilt of sorts, but we all know any one bad day or test can change that perspective, and living each day the best we can, is all anyone can really do. Hope you're too busy to stress much, being busy did that much for me when I needed to focus on stuff I could effect change upon. It's nice to hear from you.................................Dave

• BerniceOB
    BerniceOB Member Posts: 40 Member

Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful!

I am so very happy for your father. Thank you for sharing this really good news!

• MandiePandie

Thank you so much. His scans are in two days, I hope I continue to have good news to share.

• MandiePandie

I really wish I could accurately express how helpful you have been to me throughout all of this. I dont want to seem weird or anything but I do hold all of your advice in such high regard. Others on this site too have been great, but I just thought I would tell you now how important you have been. Anyone here, anyone in the future, will get great value from the words of wisdom you have shared. I know I certainly have. Thank you.

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member

So beautiful, God Bless !

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member

Congratulations. Your baby is so beautiful and wonderful news that your father is here and healthy to be part of her life. aw, I was having tears of happiness for you as I read your news, thank you for the update & sharing her photo with us all

Take care x