new format

Options

I think I liked the old format / layout better. Time will tell.

Comments

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Yep. Looks like it will take some getting used to.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

Well, it's just different we will have to get used to it.

I think in the long run it will be an improvement when we get used to it-I hope.

I think I will still miss the boxes in the threads though.

Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• wbcgaruss
    Options

Not a lot of color to it I think the old boxy forum had blue around it.

• wbcgaruss
    Options

I use Firefox for my browser and have an add-on called Dark Reader that gives you a dark background and white lettering and it seems to make nicer viewing.

You should be able to get a dark Reader add-on for almost any browser although it may not have the same name. This is nice as it has the feature to turn off and on.

A little button is put up near the address bar and you just click on it and toggle it off and on.

Your mileage may vary.

Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Definitely going to take some getting used to. I am going to keep trying but don't find it user friendly in the early going.

• wbcgaruss
    edited December 2021 #7
    Options

Well, all I can say is I have used many programs on the PC over the years and many of them do regular updates and others not so much. Sometimes they have moved access to a feature I use and you just have to adapt a little. other times it is a major update and you have to adapt a lot and this is one of those times. Once you learn where everything is it will probably be ok for you and the rest of us.

My suggestion to our members is to start a new post with a title like "Test" or "Test post" and drop down and type a few words in it and then save it as a draft and then reopen it as a draft and you can play around with all the features you want and when you are done click save as a draft. When you are finally done testing around which can be anytime as you can save drafts as long as you like just go to your home page or any page you can see options to the right in a list such as "My Topics, My Drafts" and click on My Drafts and any draft you want to delete just go to the right side and you will see an "X" to click on and delete the draft.

When commenting or making a new post If you click on the little symbol to the left along the edge of the box where you are typing there are options there. Click that and click on each option and see what is there and what you might use. Also at the bottom left is emojis, then upload an image which lets you choose a picture or image off your PC and post it right in the window you are working in, no more trying to figure out uploading images to CSN and posting them from there. This works like my email when I want to send a picture embedded in the email along to someone. I didn't quite figure out the sizing yet though because I posted a picture of regular size and this one that was resized smaller and they post the same as a big picture.

Next is the insert media which lets you post a link to a website or video easily you just copy and paste it in there. Before it was a bit of a process to post a link and make it clickable and many links posted on CSN were not clickable because of it. Here is a link to the post I made of the questions about the new website I sent to our very friendly and efficient admin folks who answered me very promptly, questions such as the preview page we had before which is now a save draft option instead. Editing a post, pictures, etc.

And the paper clip thing is an upload button and I found you use it to post say a document or something you have saved or written in a document or a Pdf which I uploaded and appears below.

All in all, I have found it easier to use and when I get more familiar with it I won't be searching around for a certain feature I will be used to where to go for it.

I hope some of this helps and if you have any problems working with the new site just PM me or send your questions to our admins by clicking on "contact CSN" at the top of the page. I have found them to be very friendly, helpful, and prompt in their answer time.

Good day everyone-Take Care-God Bless-Russ