Well, this looks different.

Options
2»

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited December 2021 #22
    Options

One hour to edit. Nope, that is a deal breaker for me.

With chemo brain still apparent - OK, a bit of old age to boot - I use the edit button extensively. One hour just does NOT cut it.

Maybe this is a sign for me to back away from the forum.

Tru

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited December 2021 #23
    Options

Overall the changes are not great. The improvements, there were some good ones such as search and even quotes in replies, to me are outweighed by the layout. Was a lot easier to view the old table layout to quickly and easily see post date, when started, etc. If they could bring that back, with the new features, it would be a lot better to me.

The limit of edits I understand because at some point editing can change some material points, though with cancer patients (chemo.getting tired) I am not sure an hour is the right time limit. I know I have typed when I am tired or chemo brained and it is kind of cringe worthy. ;) I have tried to write replies outside of the board in a text editor and that helps a bit. Especially after losing longer posts when typing directly on the board (though the drafts feature added may help with this.)

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I prefer the old style ! I find this one harder to navigate !

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    Options

I don’t like the new look at all. I like it plain and simple like it was.

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 203
    Options

Hi Trubrit,

We appreciate your feedback about the editing time. We've been able to adjust it so members now have one week to edit their posts. Please let us know if you have additional feedback and we will make adjustments if possible.

Thanks,

Hillary

CSN Admin

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited January 2022 #27
    Options

Better late than never. Many forum regulars have already departed due to the new format and the unwillingness of the administrators to respond to users' comments. Since the administrators are now inviting input about the new forum, I will start a new post to allow members to give their suggestions for improving the site.

New Forum Format: Feedback for Administrators — Cancer Survivors Network

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Wrote that 4 weeks ago, didn't even know it didn't post......................Dave

• Trubrit
    Options

I remember reading this post before, Dave. Maybe it 'went missing'.

Tru

• Trubrit
    Options

Thank you!

One week is very good, and much appreciated.

Tru

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Options

I also really don't like the new look.

Totally lost in checking what happened since my last visit. No quick overview possible. Sad.

But greetings and hugs to all the old folks who still remember me.

Petra from Cologne,Germany

PS.: hubby doing great. Still NED after 10 years