Good-Bye

I am posting on behalf of my mother, Donna Dalton.  She left specific instructions to post her passing on this forum.

She had went on hospice Oct 17 and passed away peacefully today.

We, her family, appreciate this forum more than you can imagine.  Mom's first oncologist was just going to monitor her condition after her hysterectomy.  Due to the encouragement of others on this forum, she sought out a 2nd opinion and was immediately started on radiation and chemo.  This probably gave us 2-3 more years with her than we would have had otherwise.

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 959 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Farewell Donna

Condolences to your family.  Donna was such a sweet lady, and loved her Lord.   Thank you for coming here to let us know.  We loved her too.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited November 2021 #3
    I'm so sorry

She will be missed by all. Condolences to family and all friends. We are so grateful for her sharing her story and experience with women all over the world, and her words here will help hundreds of women. 

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Sad news

Thank you for sharing this sad news with us. I am so sorry to hear that Donna has passed away. My deepest sympathies to you and the rest of the family.

Donna left this Board with many wonderful posts that have been and will be appreciated now and in the future. You may be interested in the discussion she began when started on Keytruda and Lenvima at https://csn.cancer.org/node/321618

Her faithfulness in reporting her experiences while on that drug combination have already helped others and will help more in the future. It reflects her kindness and thoughtfulness to those she met here.

And as someone with a lifetime of poor sleep, I'm personally grateful for Donna's recommendation to try a specific type of over-the-counter sleep aid recommended by one of her doctors. This has given me many nights of rest that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

She loved her family so much. I'm glad she had more time with all of you and to enjoy the trails and river by her home.

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Grateful

I am so sorry to see this news and at the same time so very grateful for all she gave to us here. By sharing her experience with immunotherapy she's left an important legacy for those of us who may need to make a similar decision down the road. And her kindness and love of her family always shined through.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited November 2021 #6
    I am so sorry! Your mother

I am so sorry! Your mother was such a sweetheart and will be sorely missed by our group.

Love,

Eldri

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2021 #7
    Cherished

As you can see, your mother was a cherished member of our group. Her loss hits hard. Thank you for letting us know about her passing.

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2021 #8
    My condolences. We are so

My condolences. We are so thankful for her kindness, and willingness to share her experiences with others. We will miss her.

• woodstock99
    woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited November 2021 #9
    My condolences to you and

My condolences to you and your family and may she rest in peace. 

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    edited November 2021 #10
    I will miss her special smile and words of wisdom.

Donna was a very special part of our group and she will be greatly missed. It is gratifying to know that we helped her to have more time with her family. Rest in peace, Donna.

Denise

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    edited November 2021 #11
    Condolences on the loss of your Mom

Thanks so much for letting us know about your Mom's passing.  Donna was such a kind, special woman and always such a bright light on this board.  My deepest condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Maureen

• Afoste3
    Afoste3 Member Posts: 39 Member
    I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.  I've learned so much from her faithful and detailed posting here.  She mentioned how much she loved to be out in nature and seemed like such a thoughful and grounded person.  I will miss hearing from her.

Anne-Marie  

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2021 #13
    Dear Donna's daughter. 

Dear Donna's daughter. 

Please know how much your mother gave to all of us, which is continued by the evidence from her directions to share with us her passing. Her posts here outlined her treatment and side effects which will benefit any who seeks information.  

My heart is sad for your loss and I pray for strength in the coming days with warm memories forever.

• els19
    els19 Member Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2021 #14
    Thank you

Thank you for letting us all know. I've been thinking about her. Your mother was a very special person as you know. She was always so positive about what she was going through. Your family is in my prayers. 

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member
    edited November 2021 #15
    Thank you for letting us know

We are grateful to you for letting us know of your mother's passing. My sincere condolences to you and your family. Donna was a wonderful friend to us here and she will be greatly missed. 
    ❤️, Alicia

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited November 2021 #16
    Thank you for letting us know

Thank you for letting us know about your Mom's passing. She was a loved member of our board. I hope you find peace and comfort in the memories you all created with her.

Rest in Peace sweet Donna. You will be greatly missed.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited November 2021 #17
    My deepest condolences. Donna

My deepest condolences. Donna will be sorely missed. She helped me and so many on this board. May she rest in peace.

Jan

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,676 Member
    I shall miss Donna

so much but know when an old thread she posted on pops up and I see her picture with the infectious grin, I will find myself grinning back and enjoying a brighter day.

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2021 #19
    So sorry to hear this news

Donna was a dear lady and so willing to share her experiences to help others.  I will miss seeing her posts, but believe she is at peace now, and look forward to meeting her in heaven some day.

• Ashleyjan7
    Ashleyjan7 Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2021 #20
    So very sorry to hear of the

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I only recently started posting on this forum but I have read many of Donna's posts and she was so inspiring to me and for many others on this board as I can see.

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2021 #21
    So sorry for your loss!

So sorry for your loss!

It's so hard to lose your mom at any age!

Kathy