Newly Diagnosed-Seeking support-waiting on Cat Scan Results

lkitty
lkitty Member Posts: 36 Member

Hello Everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer(Grade I) and had a CAT Scan on Saturday. I am praying for good results. Can anyone share how they coped with waiting? Any positve experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I am scheduled for a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy at the end of November. Really scared.

Thank you

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 959 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Welcome lkitty

We are all sorry to hear of a new diagnosis, but you have come to a good place for lots of support.  You have grade one which is good news.  It is hard to remember this disease can only be percentages, no definite answers.  But your percentages are good.  I hope your scans come back normal.  When will you have your hysterectomy?  There will be waiting again after surgery while they biopsy all the different tissues removed.  

As for waiting, between my diagnosis and surgery I went to Paris!   I wasn't too worried because my diagnosis was  Endometrial Intraepithelial Neoplasm, a pre cancer.  After my biopsies were sent to the U of Washington, they changed the diagnosis to serous endometrial intraepithelial carcinoma.  Serous is the aggressive type cell.  But thankfully at surgery there were no more malignant cells found.  My percentage was really good, but as we learn here, anyone can recur.   It is rare but does happen.  I am 40 months out from my hysterectomy with no recurrence.  There is lots of hope for you.  Between my surgery and biopsy results, I made flannel pillow cases.  They are easy and I gave them to my neices and nephews and took my mind off waiting.  I also found going to NEW places helped take my mind off the waiting.  New park, new restaurant.  I had to wait 8 days for those results, and it was very scary.  But the news was good.  

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #3
    Thank you!

Thank You.Your words of encouragment mean so much! I would like to stay in touch with you if that's okay.

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #4
    Thanks

I  am so apyy that you are doing well. Thanks again for your support.

• Forherself
    edited November 2021 #5
    I am here everyday

Absolutely.  You are in a hard time right now.  It helps to talk to others who have walked that path.

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #6
    Thank you!

I just recievied a voicmail from the doctor's office staing that they have my CAT SCAN results. I am so upset and afraid to call them back at this moment. The voicemail was not from my doctor . Hope that's a good sign. My husband is leavig work early to provide support.

• Forherself
    edited November 2021 #7
    We have a word for that

Scanxiety.  It is really hard.  I don't think anyone who has not received the diagnosis cancer can understand.  But that is normal.  We all had it. I pray that your results are all normal, which is likely since you have grade 1 cells, which are slower growing.  

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #8
    Thanks

Thanks for being an angel today. I am freaking out. My husband said the doctor's office tried to call him and that they did not leave  a voicemail. Is that normal?

• Forherself
    edited November 2021 #9
    Yes normal

I am an RN and worked in a doctor's office.  HIPPA regulations prevent doctors offices from leaving voicemail messages unless you have signed a form giving them permission.

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #10
    Thank you!

Thank you so much for your support.My husband spoke to someonte at the doctor;s off ice and was informed that the cancer has not spread. They did state that i have a fatty liever and do not think it is cancer. Inadditon, they said I could have a MRI to confirm if it's cancer if I like. Any thoughts about the MRI?

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #11
    correction to above post

My husband stated that there is cyst or something on my liver and that the doctor does not think iit is cancer. Thanks for your support.

• Forherself
    edited November 2021 #12
    MRI

They do not have radiation and If it were me I would have the MRI to be sure.  I would always have a doubt if I didn't.

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #13
    Thanks

The doctor said the cancer was contained and had not spread. I agree I should have the MRI.

Thanks again. Have a beautiful evening.

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2021 #14
    Welcome lkitty!

Welcome lkitty!

For herself has given you alot of good info and I agree with everything she has said...including getting the MRI for peace of mind.

I did want to let you know I was diagnosed in 2012 with grade 1 endometrial cancer...the slow growing garden variety type cancer. It was a stage 1 when they did my 2013 robotic hysterectomy which was pretty easy for me to recover from.

I had 3 month check ups the 1st 2 years, then once every 6 months. For herself described the anxiety we all experience prior to scans, labwork and appointments.

I think it's only natural to be terrified when faced with cancer.

I am 8 years out with no reoccurrence. One of the most comforting things a member said when I found this site was that cancer isn't the death sentence it used to be...>t is very treatable.

Hope all goes well.

Kathy

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #15
    Thank you!

Your words of support mean so much! I am so happy that she is doing we;;. My husband confirmed that the person from the doctor's office stated that the cancer has been contained to the uterus and that is good news.

Thanks again for your support.

• Forherself
    edited November 2021 #16
    Good news on your scan

Now onward to surgery.  Stay strong Smile

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #17
    Thanks again

I really like my doctor that is performing the surgery but I am still scared. I just keep pfraying every day that everything will be okay.

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Hey, you're doing great!

Smart enough to find your way here, and we are all following your journey with love and support for you!

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #19
    Thank you!

Your words of support mean so much! Thank you!!

• woodstock99
    woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member
    Hang in there!  This is a

Hang in there!  This is a great place to comefor information and support! 

• lkitty
    edited November 2021 #21
    Thank you!

Thank you for your kind words.