Biopsy for clustered calcifications

rjh18
rjh18 Member Posts: 1 Member

My wife had several biopsies for irregular clustered calcification.

why so many?  we are very anxious and could use some support and

explanation what the odds are and possible prognosis.  Tks

Comments

• Judemo
    Judemo Member Posts: 167 Member
    Hi rjh18,

Hi rjh18,

I am sorry to hear your wife is going through that.  I had two biopsies on my right side for similar issue.  It's really difficult to say what the possible prognosis is because everyone is different.  I had clustered calcifications as well and it came back at first as DCIS: Ductal carcinoma in situ which is before it invades outside of the breast ducts and is a stage zero.  I asked many questions and made sure I truly understood everything there was to know.  I had an MRI after the biopsies to see if there was another type of cancer.  After my recent bilateral mastectomy, the pathology came back as IDC: invasive ductal carcinoma and DCIS.  They caught it early and it did not go into my lymph nodes.  Now your wife might have a completely different situation.  

Clustered calcifications can just mean that: just calcifications that have not turned into any cancer.  I have found that this isn't the best website for support.  There have been just a few wonderful people who have responded to my inquiries and I very much appreciated it.  I understand your need to get feedback and support.  I recommend checking out CancerConnect website.  People are friendly and supportive.  Good luck to you guys.