Scary Sonogram Result

Options
Spydergal
Spydergal Member Posts: 57 Member

Hi, I am new on here and hoping to find out more about Endometrial Cancer, testing, testing results, questions I should ask doctor, etc, etc. I have spent hours and days researching online and all I can do is cry, Im scared of dying and scared about the pain the treatments will bring. I spotted a few times before COVID, I asked a friend from my motorcycle club about the spotting and occasional menstrual cramping and she told me it was nothing, probably fibroids. My gp has done my PAP for years and they were always negative for cervical cancer. I told both gp's that treated me about my spotting and cramps and I was told it was nothing to be concerned about, they didn't feel anything unusual During my test. Well after skipping my PAP due to COVID I decided to get it done by a gynecologist this time rather than my new ARNP. My Gynecologist told me she didn't like how thick my lining felt and she ordered a vaginal sonogram. I found out yesterday that my lining is 13mm which they said is very thick so I have to have a biopsy. I don't know if I'm overreacting and 13mm isn't really that bad or should I be prepared that I definitely have cancer and probably at least stage 2(I hope I'm jumping the gun). My biopsy is scheduled for August 6th, I doubt I'll sleep much waiting. I beat death in 2010 in motorcycle accident. Was Glasgow coma scale 3, PE, on life support 3 weeks, had klebsiella pneumonia and acinetobacter which they quarantined me for. My TBI was so severe I had to relearn how to tell time, add, subtract, multiply, make change with money, two years OT and PT. I was told I would never be able to drive a car again but I proved them wrong. Not only do I drive a car again, despite now being an above knee amputee, I ride a Can Am Spyder and a proud member of The Motor Maids. all that was scary but this cancer is the scariest thing I have ever faced in my entire life. I beat the odds when they were stacked against me in 2010 so I am determined to beat them again. I just hope they give me some fun pain meds, LOL. 

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2021 #2
    Options
    See Other Forum Link

Although MoeKay and I suggested that you post your experience/questions on the Uterine Board, I should have given you the link to that forum: https://csn.cancer.org/forum/189

That's the best place for you to visit right now as you are in the initial stages of determining whether you have uterine cancer or not. This Ovarian Board is pretty quiet right now and the women here have often had different initial symptoms of their cancer and may also have received diifferent treatments beyond surgey than women with endometrial cancer receive. 

You've given a great summary of what has occured so far, so I suggest you copy this text and create a new topic on the Uterine Board. There is another woman who is at the same point you are right now currently posing there and I'm sure that you would find that discussion helpful too.

• Spydergal
    Spydergal Member Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    cmb said:

See Other Forum Link

Although MoeKay and I suggested that you post your experience/questions on the Uterine Board, I should have given you the link to that forum: https://csn.cancer.org/forum/189

That's the best place for you to visit right now as you are in the initial stages of determining whether you have uterine cancer or not. This Ovarian Board is pretty quiet right now and the women here have often had different initial symptoms of their cancer and may also have received diifferent treatments beyond surgey than women with endometrial cancer receive. 

You've given a great summary of what has occured so far, so I suggest you copy this text and create a new topic on the Uterine Board. There is another woman who is at the same point you are right now currently posing there and I'm sure that you would find that discussion helpful too.

Thanks, Please understand I

Thanks, Please understand I get really confused, forget right after reading or being told verbally and get confused super easy. I have a very bad TBI from a motorcycle accident so I have a lot of problems from that. I am really, really sorry I really didn't catch on to what you were trying to say. 

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2021 #4
    Options
    Spydergal said:

Thanks, Please understand I

Thanks, Please understand I get really confused, forget right after reading or being told verbally and get confused super easy. I have a very bad TBI from a motorcycle accident so I have a lot of problems from that. I am really, really sorry I really didn't catch on to what you were trying to say. 

Glad you found your way

No worries – it can be confusing for anyone since there are three different boards for women's "below the belt cancers." I'm just glad you found your way to the Uterine board as you can see there are others who are ready to share their experiences and suggestions. And please don't hesitate to ask questions or further clarifications when you need it. Believe me, most of us can have problems taking everything in when we're faced with the possibility of cancer, even without the physical challenge you have to contend with.