Checking In

Suez39
Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile.

Just had an appt this morning with my ENT. I'm still on a permanent trach and FT unless I opt to get a larengectomy. I have to have my trach and Gtube changed every 3 months. So not fun at all, plus being scoped every few months, which I have been refusing until today. Reason being, I gag and choke when they try to put it past my vocal cords. Today, after spraying up my nose, they couldn't see near vocal cords, cause thier was a big pool of mucus. I've always had tons of mucus. Doctor said it's a combination of radiation damage, reflux, and secretions from nose, mouth, and esphogus.

Just feel totally defeated. Mentally and physically exhausted. As with any invasive surgery, thier is NO guarantee that I won't have other issues and if I could eat if had larengectomy. My doctor said I couldn't eat any meats, no pizza, no breads, rolls, etc. Only could have bland foods. So just doesn't sound promising to me.

Tomorrow is my gtube change. So rough few days. And I have somebody new. Don't know how good they are. 

I usually stay up late, but I'm kinda sad. And I'm usually a strong minded woman. But this is really getting to me. I'm in bed now, a real miracle. I appreciate my medical staff helping me, that I brought in an apple pie that I made, with paper plates and plastic silverware. So good to go, just cut and eat. I was always a "giver". Really enjoy making people happy, even though I'm in rough shape. Ohhh.. I wanted a piece so bad. It smelled so good in my kitchen. Well, thanks for reading my post. I wish everybody well, and those that are sick will be in my prayers.

God bless,

Suz

Comments

• ozymandible
    ozymandible Member Posts: 324 Member
    edited May 2021 #2
    My heart goes out to you.

My heart goes out to you.

• LitlCJdoll
    LitlCJdoll Member Posts: 245 Member
    Hello Sus!

Hello Suz,

You and I sound a little alike!  I too bake for people, and sometimes its my Surgical team, sometimes its Front line workers on the weekends or holidays, and lots of times I give Anonymously . I recently took 7+ dozen Cut Out cookies, all prettily decorated, up the 9th floor Cancer Center which is Head & Neck surgery floor.  Boy, I have spent lots of time there!! I had packed a few in each Zip lock bag, so they could be given out cleanly and safely.

Suze, I too am 100% dependent on my feeding Pump and I have not eaten in over 4 years now. No ability to eat. My current weight is 70.3 pounds and I have awful E. Coli lung infection. I am home on antibiotics but if it doesn't begin working soon he is going to admit me.

Also, I'm the one who posted here  days ago about my boyfriend passing on May 18th, from his Stage IV Head & Neck cancer ... It was his second cancer . ..  I go though crying spells a lot, --- hearing from his daughter or caregiver, etc can really start me again.

This is a rough road. How far are you from your primary diagnosis?

Hey, always feel free to send me a private message, so that we girls can Talk!! Look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal

• nancytc
    nancytc Member Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2021 #4
    Hi friend!

Hi friend!

Oh gosh Suzy, I hope that you can get past this. I want you to have your bread and pasta again! I am pretty sure that we went through our treatments at nearly the same time. Love and prayers fo you.

Nancy

• Suez39
    Thank you!
    Thanks to all of you who responded. Nancy good to hear from you. Ozymandible you have compassion. I appreciate that. And Crystal I will private message you when I get a chance.

Sincerely,
    Suez
  • nancytc
    nancytc Member Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2021 #6
    Suez39 said:

Thank you!
    Thanks to all of you who responded. Nancy good to hear from you. Ozymandible you have compassion. I appreciate that. And Crystal I will private message you when I get a chance.

Sincerely,
    Suez

Hi again Suez,

Hi again Suez,

I am here for you girlfriend. I am not sure...can you friend me on FB and we can stay in better contact? https://www.facebook.com/chapmanfashion/

Love,

Nancy

• Suez39
    edited August 2021 #7
    nancytc said:

Hi again Suez,

Hi again Suez,

I am here for you girlfriend. I am not sure...can you friend me on FB and we can stay in better contact? https://www.facebook.com/chapmanfashion/

Love,

Nancy

Friend request

Hi Nancy. I tried looking you up on FB but couldn't find you. Maybe you can send me a friend request. 

Okie dokes, hope you have a good day!

Susan