Whipple Attack

I've only had 3 episodes that i think are Whipple attacks... And only recently (within the last month). I was whipped June 2, 2020 and I have been NED since Oct 2. Last month, i was asleep during the day, in my recliner, and had a sharp pain in my abdomen that awakened me & only lasted about 30 seconds. The second two lasted about a minute and felt like a vice/childbirth contraction right below my braline &across my diaphragm. It seemed to help by stretching & doing deep relaxing breathing. 

Is this a whipple attack or something I should go to doctor about? I have telemed with GI on 17th & he's well informed on all things Whipple; i also have telemed with surgeon next week.

Comments

• Dadhood
    Dadhood Member Posts: 5 Member
    10 years of first-hand Whipple operation side effects

I was diagnosed in 2011 with pancreatic cancer on January 5th of 2012 I was given the Whipple may I say the Whipple operation laid me out my God I thought I knew what pain was until then when I woke up from the surgery under my breath I beg God to kill me I'm so ashamed of that but I would do it again it's terrible but you know what I'm alive my first grandbaby was born 5 days later on the 10th of January I'm so blessed if you feel and worry that you might die then you're dead already if you get a live then do it all the way no fear no regrets understand that each day you wake up in the morning is it day you shouldn't have look at it that way life is so much better that's just the plain facts of it the deal with it get on living shut your eyes and don't open them no more may God bless us all

• WhippledMidTN
    WhippledMidTN Member Posts: 2 Member

Almost 10 years post Whipple here. Still having attacks that range from a few hours to 8 weeks apart.

Last night about 8pm I had the worst one ever that lasted three times longer than usual. All I could do was collapse on the basement floor where I was working at eat it. Had another, fortunately 1/4 as bad, at 3am that finished any rest for that night.

Im still looking for folks like myself to search for a reduction or elimination of these attacks. My surgeon is disengaged, PCP can’t find anything. Something causes this and something makes it recede.

I’m determined to figure this out.

Am looking for any and all suggestions.

WhippledMidTN