Options
2»

Comments

• PipLily
    PipLily Member Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    RodgerM said:

Made it thru week 4 and in

Made it thru week 4 and in the back end now, yeah taste is so strange and I can see why people have a problem wanting to eat.  Seems like fatty foods and carbs are my go to. Love me some toast with American cheese on it.  So I am trying more fatty foods.  Yea the hardest part is upon me , I am hanging on, tho I did start taking some pain killers. No all day, but at nite, helps with sleep and it helped with the Mucus .  It's all very Fluid the symptoms right now so good times and the. Not so much . Evenings and early mornings are the most difficult.

I just happy that I am on the other side, and just going to try to get thru this week. 

Thsnks again for your continued incouramen.

rodger 

Eat whatever!

Whatever goes down easiest! And my husband also used his pain medication every now and then to sleep, or just take the edge off. Nothing wrong with that. You need to get as much quality rest as you can. If sleep really is an issue, maybe mention to your doctors. Maybe there is something else they could prescribe to help, if you want. Otherwise, keep going....almost at the end!

• PipLily
    PipLily Member Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2021 #23
    Options
    RodgerM said:

It's very hopeful to hear

It's very hopeful to hear your story.  I start week 5 of Monday so I made it another week.

Last nite I started taking some pain meds throat was hurting enough and thought why not. 3 more weeks and I am done.  How about after treatments did his discomfort lag or worse from the cumulative effects or dud he start feeling better once he was done?   Still managing well, expecting things to get a worse, but hoping and praying for the best.

I also don't have a peg, and at this point I doubt I will need one my appetite is still strong and tho things tastes strange I have found flavor in fatty foods.  Sugar I can't taste at all and it taste horrible.  Tried some soft drinks cause I so tired of water snd I can only taste carbonation .

thanks again , I can tell your husband success has a lot to do with you.   I am lucky my wife is so supportive and I am grateful for her.
    continue your prayers , and I'll keep you updated on my progress. 
    rodger 

To answer....

He says His two weeks post radiation felt about the same as the last week or so of radiation. He says that everyone kept telling him it would be the worst 2 weeks post, so he was expecting that....but really just stayed fairly static the last week, and then two or three weeks post. Really a huge lack of energy those weeks. Everyone is different ~ but that was his experience. He says you can’t explain how horrible that lack of taste is. But his is 95%ish back now.....so hang in there! Almost done!

• BeagleDad
    BeagleDad Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Rodger / Beagle,

I'm sending positive thoughts for both of you. It's a rough time, going through treatment.

But - before you know if, you'll be "ringing the bell" (assuming that's how you announce the end of treatment in your facility.

A couple weeks after you finish - you're back on your way back to normal. It seems like it takes forever .... but you WILL look back on it, before you know it.

You both seem like very hardy guys, with positive attitudes - and that will carry you both through!

mg

Thank you, Motorcycleguy

Thanks!  Yep, just started week 2 here.  Been very tired already.  6 down and 27 to go.  I learmned to day that the last 3 will be 66g focused on my positive margins area.  Been following Piplillys moiturizing recommendations and am as prepared as I can be.  I told doc just this morning not to skimp on pain meds when I need them ... no interest in finding out how much pain I can tolerate!  :)

I know I am headed into week 3 soon and can expect to expreince the onset of symptoms... we will soon learn the answers to the questions I have had ... what will affect me, where, and how badly?  Not the least bit pleased about being here, but that choice is outta my hands.  Time to buckel up and ride this storm.  

Don (Beageldad)

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

Thank you, Motorcycleguy

Thanks!  Yep, just started week 2 here.  Been very tired already.  6 down and 27 to go.  I learmned to day that the last 3 will be 66g focused on my positive margins area.  Been following Piplillys moiturizing recommendations and am as prepared as I can be.  I told doc just this morning not to skimp on pain meds when I need them ... no interest in finding out how much pain I can tolerate!  :)

I know I am headed into week 3 soon and can expect to expreince the onset of symptoms... we will soon learn the answers to the questions I have had ... what will affect me, where, and how badly?  Not the least bit pleased about being here, but that choice is outta my hands.  Time to buckel up and ride this storm.  

Don (Beageldad)

Rodger / Beagle,

Healing takes a lot more energy than most people realize. Take it easy on yourself, as all of us who have been through it, understand how tired it can make you.

All I can say, is that you'll get your energy back, once you're healed up!

My  Oncologist told me that Radiation is easier to recover from, than sunburn, because there's no UV damage. It seemed to be true. In a couple weeks, it seemed like I had healed up quite well!

Piplilly's advice on moisturizer is right on. Use plenty of whatever they recommend!

Keep up with the countdown ... you'll be at 0 to go, before you know it...

mg