Starting week 4 of 7 chemo and radiation treatments update

Options
RodgerM
RodgerM Member Posts: 53 Member

Finished week 3...  I've been tolerating things well.  I started this out in great shape , started swallowing exercises 2 week prior to treatments as well as getting acupuncture twice a week since treatments started.  I've try to get some fitness in with some weight training as well.

I do have the metal taste and a sore throat but I have manged that well without the use of  majic  mouthwash, which is horrible To taste.  (might give some a try today to see how it makes my throat feel)  Chemo is every Monday and that just sucks, but for now I start to feel better a couple days afterwards and by the weekend almost felling myself. I am going to look into a 24 hr fast prior to chemo some interesting studies on that. 

Last week I was sure the fast downturn was starting with the effects of daily radation on top of the cumulative effects of chemo ,  had a burn on my neck and my throat was very sore , feeling like crap, had acupuncture and iv hydration on Tuesday , woke up wed and felt much better. 
My nutrition is good and still eating , tho stuff is tasting strang and I can see how that might effect my appetite going forward ..

i am sort of happy I've made it this far and am almost half way.   Yes I figure things are going to get much worse cause there nothing special about me and I cant deny what the treatment is going to do to my body , but I'll get fighting my way thru, i have no choice. 

Found out that my last 10 days of radiation are more focused on the tumor site so this was a little hope that I might have the other areas of the neck start there healing process.

Tho I have been super proactive in trying to complement medicine many times I feel it's all for not , cause the bad stuff coming no matter what I do, but I've got to try to start in the moment and only for today. 

Most importantly I have a army of people praying for me, and that gives me so much strength .   Power of prayer is a powerful tool.  I pray every day and especially during radation , that GOD will use that light to heal me and to minimize the pain .  AMEN ?.

Rodger .. 

Comments

• PipLily
    PipLily Member Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!

Sounds like things are going as great as you can hope, as you go through this brutal treatment. My husband finished in June, and sounds like your path is pretty similar to what he experienced. I will say the last couple weeks were obviously the worst, but he does say he felt like around week 4 he hit a plateau as far as how he felt, and just coasted there.....he kept thinking he was going to continue to decline and he didn’t. The biggest challenge to him was chemo....more so than the radiation. ( Although I’m sure it was a cumulative effect of both, but the three or four days after his chemo dose was the worst) . He received IV Hydration twice per week, sometimes three, and I really feel this was huge for him to be able to function. Along with lots and lots of Protein. Awesome about the acupuncture....I have read really good studies as to it’s helpfulnes. It was definitely the “strangeness “ and lack of taste that set in around week three or four that was the challenge for him to maintain calorie intake. That, and nausea for about two days post chemo. 

I also believe in prayer, and know that is where my husband’s strength came from, and know that God will carry you through as well. I will be praying for you for strength. Before you know it, this will be the road BEHIND you! 

Many blessings to you!

Elizabeth

• BeagleDad
    BeagleDad Member Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2021 #3
    Options
    Chemo/Hydration

Question for you both ... had first chemo Thursday (6 to go) ... they started me off with a bag of Zofran, then some magnesium, then IV fluids, then cisplatin, and then fluids again.  I have 3 other anti-nausea prescriptions to take, if needed.  I am almsot 60 hours after chemo now and have not yet had an issue..of course..this is my first treatment.  Were you guys given so much fluids WITH your chemo as I am getting?  I already have a gastic tube and can still drink water and such.  I start rad Tuesday 1 of 33.  
    Sort of wondering if I can expect my chemo to take a greater effect as I go along as I have been getting so much fluids while in chemo.  Doc says I am getting a light dose of chemo..not sure what that means in measurements.  I also had my cancerous tonsil removed + my lymph node, so we are only treating my "margin" and potnetial remaining cells.  Appreciate any input here as I get on this path n earnest this week.  Thanks

Beagledad (don)

• RodgerM
    edited January 2021 #4
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

Chemo/Hydration

Question for you both ... had first chemo Thursday (6 to go) ... they started me off with a bag of Zofran, then some magnesium, then IV fluids, then cisplatin, and then fluids again.  I have 3 other anti-nausea prescriptions to take, if needed.  I am almsot 60 hours after chemo now and have not yet had an issue..of course..this is my first treatment.  Were you guys given so much fluids WITH your chemo as I am getting?  I already have a gastic tube and can still drink water and such.  I start rad Tuesday 1 of 33.  
    Sort of wondering if I can expect my chemo to take a greater effect as I go along as I have been getting so much fluids while in chemo.  Doc says I am getting a light dose of chemo..not sure what that means in measurements.  I also had my cancerous tonsil removed + my lymph node, so we are only treating my "margin" and potnetial remaining cells.  Appreciate any input here as I get on this path n earnest this week.  Thanks

Beagledad (don)

That light dose chemo is

That light dose chemo is tolerated better, my first week was okay too got nausea a couple of days and only had to take the xtra med for that once.  I don't  know your dose but I did inquire about my "low dose". They told me I am getting full dose but split up in 7 treatments so to say.  So instead of getting 100% one day and returning in 2-3 weeks I get the low dose version , which doctors are confident about it working as well and better tolerated . yes I get tons of stuff before the chemo bag about 4 -5 hour event.  Chemo just sucks it's depressing at times sitting there getting that posion called medicine . But the doctors  say your on your way to be cured, and that's what's important.  You will get thru this everyone does and time does start to move , were so busy getting treatments. Radation was the scary part with that mask , but I got use to it tho I do still get a little Anxious.
    be very proactive use your radiation cream and talk to the doctor about getting some hydration iv's they are very helpful and it makes me think I am flushing out that chemo, and it help you feel better especially over the weekends , I make sure to get one every Friday.   Tho you have a tube do what you can to keep using your swallowing muscles and ask for a Speach therapest now instead of them  ordering it after your done.    Your on your way to a cure and free of cancer stay Strong and it all worth the fight.   Praying for you?. 

• RodgerM
    edited January 2021 #5
    Options
    PipLily said:

Wonderful!

Sounds like things are going as great as you can hope, as you go through this brutal treatment. My husband finished in June, and sounds like your path is pretty similar to what he experienced. I will say the last couple weeks were obviously the worst, but he does say he felt like around week 4 he hit a plateau as far as how he felt, and just coasted there.....he kept thinking he was going to continue to decline and he didn’t. The biggest challenge to him was chemo....more so than the radiation. ( Although I’m sure it was a cumulative effect of both, but the three or four days after his chemo dose was the worst) . He received IV Hydration twice per week, sometimes three, and I really feel this was huge for him to be able to function. Along with lots and lots of Protein. Awesome about the acupuncture....I have read really good studies as to it’s helpfulnes. It was definitely the “strangeness “ and lack of taste that set in around week three or four that was the challenge for him to maintain calorie intake. That, and nausea for about two days post chemo. 

I also believe in prayer, and know that is where my husband’s strength came from, and know that God will carry you through as well. I will be praying for you for strength. Before you know it, this will be the road BEHIND you! 

Many blessings to you!

Elizabeth

Thank you Elisabeth,

Thank you Elisabeth,

it does sound very similar, yes I feel chemo is the worse part and I can coast from here then AMEN!  Yes taste is weird more salty then metallic.  I have found cold foods feel good on my throat and focusing on that increase of protein .  Dehydration is a on going battle but those s IV really make a huge difference.  Maybe getting one more would help.  i wish I didn't have to get up so many times in the nite to use the bathroom, I go back to sleep but it's quite a lot of distribance to my sleep , did your husband experience that?

How is your husband doing now post treatments? and you as well? Thank you for your prayers ????  and most of all your feedback , gives me some hope that i could coast from her would be a miracle in itself.  I praying for you and your husband too. 
    rodger 

• BeagleDad
    edited January 2021 #6
    Options
    RodgerM said:

That light dose chemo is

That light dose chemo is tolerated better, my first week was okay too got nausea a couple of days and only had to take the xtra med for that once.  I don't  know your dose but I did inquire about my "low dose". They told me I am getting full dose but split up in 7 treatments so to say.  So instead of getting 100% one day and returning in 2-3 weeks I get the low dose version , which doctors are confident about it working as well and better tolerated . yes I get tons of stuff before the chemo bag about 4 -5 hour event.  Chemo just sucks it's depressing at times sitting there getting that posion called medicine . But the doctors  say your on your way to be cured, and that's what's important.  You will get thru this everyone does and time does start to move , were so busy getting treatments. Radation was the scary part with that mask , but I got use to it tho I do still get a little Anxious.
    be very proactive use your radiation cream and talk to the doctor about getting some hydration iv's they are very helpful and it makes me think I am flushing out that chemo, and it help you feel better especially over the weekends , I make sure to get one every Friday.   Tho you have a tube do what you can to keep using your swallowing muscles and ask for a Speach therapest now instead of them  ordering it after your done.    Your on your way to a cure and free of cancer stay Strong and it all worth the fight.   Praying for you?. 

Appreciate response ty

Rodger ... great info on the chemo stuff.  Hopefully I am in the same boat as you there.  I'll keep an eye on my hydration as I go, but docs said they are going to as well...and like you, I can get more fluids whenever I need.  I am hoping to get them through my tube, though, as I really do not care for IV insertion ..took them FOUR tries last time and now I am skittish ..never had that before.  On the upside...I have already seen a speech therapist twice and have 2 more scheduled and also a dentist and meeting with a nutritionist as I start Week 3 of rads.  Because of the fine folks on this page and all their info, I was well aware of things to schedule in advance..and thankfully so! You mentioend the cream..I have 2 jars of aquafor coming in this week.  Do you apply your before or after tx, and for how long do you leave it applied before removing?

I am fortunate, so far, with the chemo, as I have plenty to occupy my time since I run a business and am writing a book on retail management .. and am very busy on several social media platforms...so my last visit that took 6 hours felt like 3.  I am fortunate to have these outlets.  And our chairs here in Northwest Arkansas are very comfy and even have a USB charging port!!!  Now if they can jsut get that darned IV in right the first time!  LOL
    Thank you and I look forward to staying on top of your progress and side effects since I am about 3 weeks behind you.  At theis point, the rad side effects concern me more than anything else..just having had TORS and a modified radical neck dissection that was TERRIFICALLY painful and am just now really swallowing again, I fret over the esophagus and throat sweling.  Thank you for the info and updates.
    Don (Beagledad)

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    edited January 2021 #7
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

Appreciate response ty

Rodger ... great info on the chemo stuff.  Hopefully I am in the same boat as you there.  I'll keep an eye on my hydration as I go, but docs said they are going to as well...and like you, I can get more fluids whenever I need.  I am hoping to get them through my tube, though, as I really do not care for IV insertion ..took them FOUR tries last time and now I am skittish ..never had that before.  On the upside...I have already seen a speech therapist twice and have 2 more scheduled and also a dentist and meeting with a nutritionist as I start Week 3 of rads.  Because of the fine folks on this page and all their info, I was well aware of things to schedule in advance..and thankfully so! You mentioend the cream..I have 2 jars of aquafor coming in this week.  Do you apply your before or after tx, and for how long do you leave it applied before removing?

I am fortunate, so far, with the chemo, as I have plenty to occupy my time since I run a business and am writing a book on retail management .. and am very busy on several social media platforms...so my last visit that took 6 hours felt like 3.  I am fortunate to have these outlets.  And our chairs here in Northwest Arkansas are very comfy and even have a USB charging port!!!  Now if they can jsut get that darned IV in right the first time!  LOL
    Thank you and I look forward to staying on top of your progress and side effects since I am about 3 weeks behind you.  At theis point, the rad side effects concern me more than anything else..just having had TORS and a modified radical neck dissection that was TERRIFICALLY painful and am just now really swallowing again, I fret over the esophagus and throat sweling.  Thank you for the info and updates.
    Don (Beagledad)

Don Sounds Like

Everything is going well for you as far as treatments. As far as Aquafor goes I believe you apply it after treatment. Apply as much as you want but a little as needed and often is probably good. It works well but is greasy so wear a  T-shirt that is old during this time. Check with your rad people as I think they want the Aquafor washed off and nothing applied during radiation treatments just your natural skin. Take care-God Bless-Russ

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2021 #8
    Options
    Rodger,

You're going through some of the toughest part of this, and it sounds like you're keeping your spirits up - which is of absolute importance!

The chemo hit me harder than the radiation. Your skin will "sunburn" - but when it's all done, I was amazed at how fast it healed up!

As I mention to everyone, the "taste" challenges are very difficult, for a while. You'll have to keep searching for foods that are ok for you. In the short term, you may need to drink smoothies (my girlfriend's smoothies carried me through)...

All I can tell you, is that in a couple months, you'll be back on your way to normal. It seems like forever, while you're going through it - but at some point, it will all just be memories...

Hang in there, buddy!

mg

• PipLily
    edited January 2021 #9
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

Appreciate response ty

Don (Beagledad)

Hello!

How are you doing?? In answering your post above....my husband always got a dose of IV Zofran and a liter of IV fluids with his chemo doses. His Cisplatin was given in two large bolus doses three weeks apart ( he didn’t get his third....didn’t think he could tolerate it). He thought the chemo and surgery was much worse than the radiation. He also received IV Hydration a couple times per week throughout Radiation. I really think that helped him a lot. 

What we did with the Aquafor was to use a liberal amount at night. You do need to make sure your skin is clean and free of any lotion though before you go into radiation each day. My husband’s treatments were usually in the mornings. Immediately after each session, I would have him go into the bathroom before we even left for the drive home and have him apply 100% (containing  no alcohol ) Aloe Vera gel. Then, mid afternoon he used pur, organic Coconut oil, and at night a liberal coating of Aquaphor ( it’s pretty greasy....we rubbed it in good). Then, before radiation...shower and cleanse the skin well. Not sure if what we did was overkill, but the doctor and nurses were impressed with his skin! At the very end, last treatment or two, he had mild redness, like a mild sunburn. Never had any skin breakdown, so I think what we used for him helped! 

Hang in there....you’re on the road to being yourself again!!

• PipLily
    Options
    RodgerM said:

Thank you Elisabeth,

Thank you Elisabeth,

it does sound very similar, yes I feel chemo is the worse part and I can coast from here then AMEN!  Yes taste is weird more salty then metallic.  I have found cold foods feel good on my throat and focusing on that increase of protein .  Dehydration is a on going battle but those s IV really make a huge difference.  Maybe getting one more would help.  i wish I didn't have to get up so many times in the nite to use the bathroom, I go back to sleep but it's quite a lot of distribance to my sleep , did your husband experience that?

How is your husband doing now post treatments? and you as well? Thank you for your prayers ????  and most of all your feedback , gives me some hope that i could coast from her would be a miracle in itself.  I praying for you and your husband too. 
    rodger 

Hi Rodger!

I don’t remember him getting up very much at night. I think his body just used that fluid up, so to speak. He did not have a G Tube, so his body probably needed every drop of extra Hydration. 

My husband is doing so wonderful!! Other than some minor mouth dryness that’s more annoying than anything, and having to keep up with daily stretching exercises ( because his wife will nag him if he doesn’t!!! ), he is pretty well “ back to normal “. Enjoying all foods as before!! I say that, never to boast how lucky we are, but rather to encourage you, and anyone else who is new to this fight, to just hang in there, and have hope that this is doable, and you can and will get through it and enjoy life again !! It seems endless when you’re going through the treatment, but before you know it....it’s behind you!! 

My husband and I were just talking two nights ago, and he made a good observation. He said he thought the time was harder on him, obviously, physically....but emotionally, harder on me. He said he just knew what he had to do to get through it, but I had to watch. I tend to be a worrier ( understatement! Lol), so I still worry about every scan, etc. So far, every scan he has had has been NED!! ( two since end of treatment in June)

Keep up the great work! Thinking of you! 

• RodgerM
    edited January 2021 #11
    Options
    PipLily said:

Hi Rodger!

I don’t remember him getting up very much at night. I think his body just used that fluid up, so to speak. He did not have a G Tube, so his body probably needed every drop of extra Hydration. 

My husband is doing so wonderful!! Other than some minor mouth dryness that’s more annoying than anything, and having to keep up with daily stretching exercises ( because his wife will nag him if he doesn’t!!! ), he is pretty well “ back to normal “. Enjoying all foods as before!! I say that, never to boast how lucky we are, but rather to encourage you, and anyone else who is new to this fight, to just hang in there, and have hope that this is doable, and you can and will get through it and enjoy life again !! It seems endless when you’re going through the treatment, but before you know it....it’s behind you!! 

My husband and I were just talking two nights ago, and he made a good observation. He said he thought the time was harder on him, obviously, physically....but emotionally, harder on me. He said he just knew what he had to do to get through it, but I had to watch. I tend to be a worrier ( understatement! Lol), so I still worry about every scan, etc. So far, every scan he has had has been NED!! ( two since end of treatment in June)

Keep up the great work! Thinking of you! 

It's very hopeful to hear

It's very hopeful to hear your story.  I start week 5 of Monday so I made it another week.

Last nite I started taking some pain meds throat was hurting enough and thought why not. 3 more weeks and I am done.  How about after treatments did his discomfort lag or worse from the cumulative effects or dud he start feeling better once he was done?   Still managing well, expecting things to get a worse, but hoping and praying for the best.

I also don't have a peg, and at this point I doubt I will need one my appetite is still strong and tho things tastes strange I have found flavor in fatty foods.  Sugar I can't taste at all and it taste horrible.  Tried some soft drinks cause I so tired of water snd I can only taste carbonation .

thanks again , I can tell your husband success has a lot to do with you.   I am lucky my wife is so supportive and I am grateful for her.
    continue your prayers , and I'll keep you updated on my progress. 
    rodger 

• RodgerM
    edited January 2021 #12
    Options

Rodger,

You're going through some of the toughest part of this, and it sounds like you're keeping your spirits up - which is of absolute importance!

The chemo hit me harder than the radiation. Your skin will "sunburn" - but when it's all done, I was amazed at how fast it healed up!

As I mention to everyone, the "taste" challenges are very difficult, for a while. You'll have to keep searching for foods that are ok for you. In the short term, you may need to drink smoothies (my girlfriend's smoothies carried me through)...

All I can tell you, is that in a couple months, you'll be back on your way to normal. It seems like forever, while you're going through it - but at some point, it will all just be memories...

Hang in there, buddy!

mg

Made it thru week 4 and in

Made it thru week 4 and in the back end now, yeah taste is so strange and I can see why people have a problem wanting to eat.  Seems like fatty foods and carbs are my go to. Love me some toast with American cheese on it.  So I am trying more fatty foods.  Yea the hardest part is upon me , I am hanging on, tho I did start taking some pain killers. No all day, but at nite, helps with sleep and it helped with the Mucus .  It's all very Fluid the symptoms right now so good times and the. Not so much . Evenings and early mornings are the most difficult.

I just happy that I am on the other side, and just going to try to get thru this week. 

Thsnks again for your continued incouramen.

rodger 

• RodgerM
    Options
    PipLily said:

Hello!

How are you doing?? In answering your post above....my husband always got a dose of IV Zofran and a liter of IV fluids with his chemo doses. His Cisplatin was given in two large bolus doses three weeks apart ( he didn’t get his third....didn’t think he could tolerate it). He thought the chemo and surgery was much worse than the radiation. He also received IV Hydration a couple times per week throughout Radiation. I really think that helped him a lot. 

What we did with the Aquafor was to use a liberal amount at night. You do need to make sure your skin is clean and free of any lotion though before you go into radiation each day. My husband’s treatments were usually in the mornings. Immediately after each session, I would have him go into the bathroom before we even left for the drive home and have him apply 100% (containing  no alcohol ) Aloe Vera gel. Then, mid afternoon he used pur, organic Coconut oil, and at night a liberal coating of Aquaphor ( it’s pretty greasy....we rubbed it in good). Then, before radiation...shower and cleanse the skin well. Not sure if what we did was overkill, but the doctor and nurses were impressed with his skin! At the very end, last treatment or two, he had mild redness, like a mild sunburn. Never had any skin breakdown, so I think what we used for him helped! 

Yes , I make sure to shower

Yes , I make sure to shower before radation, my burn is a bit rashie , sunburns sometimes give me a rash.

I will look into that cream, and give it a try at nite.

tgank you. 

• wbcgaruss
    edited January 2021 #14
    Options
    Roger Congrats On

Another week down. It sounds like you are doing well and eating well yet even though your taste is starting to be affected. It is good to take the pain meds as needed it will help you get through. Don't wait till you are in serious pain though stay ahead of it. It sounds like you are prepared for some tough symptoms of this treatment if they happen. Mental preparation and stay strong attitude will get you through each hour each day each week and you will be done with cancer eradicated and recovery right around the corner. We are here cheering you on and praying for you and even though we can't do it for you we can pray and encourage you and help with any advice we may have. Wishing you the best with prayers-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• BeagleDad
    edited January 2021 #15
    Options
    PipLily said:

Hello!

skin preparation

My wife and I took your advice!  She went out today and found no alcohol aloe and pure cocoanut oil.  Will start using these as your husband did Monday!  Thank you!

Don (Beagledad)

• BeagleDad
    Options
    RodgerM said:

Made it thru week 4 and in

Made it thru week 4 and in the back end now, yeah taste is so strange and I can see why people have a problem wanting to eat.  Seems like fatty foods and carbs are my go to. Love me some toast with American cheese on it.  So I am trying more fatty foods.  Yea the hardest part is upon me , I am hanging on, tho I did start taking some pain killers. No all day, but at nite, helps with sleep and it helped with the Mucus .  It's all very Fluid the symptoms right now so good times and the. Not so much . Evenings and early mornings are the most difficult.

I just happy that I am on the other side, and just going to try to get thru this week. 

Thsnks again for your continued incouramen.

rodger 

What is your dosage?

Good to hear re:  week 4.  I am starting week 2 Monday.  I se what is coming down my road.  What rad dosage are you getting?  I believe I am getting 65/54gs.

Don (Beagledad)

• wbcgaruss
    edited January 2021 #17
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

What is your dosage?

Good to hear re:  week 4.  I am starting week 2 Monday.  I se what is coming down my road.  What rad dosage are you getting?  I believe I am getting 65/54gs.

Don (Beagledad)

Don, Watching

You and Roger's progress. I remember when I was in your situation and glad I am through it. You will soon be finished also as the days count off one by one you will be done before you know it. Urging you guys to stay strong and take each day and week as it comes and the folks on this forum are supporting you in heart and mind and wishing you the best with Prayers your way-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• RodgerM
    edited January 2021 #18
    Options
    wbcgaruss said:

Roger Congrats On

Another week down. It sounds like you are doing well and eating well yet even though your taste is starting to be affected. It is good to take the pain meds as needed it will help you get through. Don't wait till you are in serious pain though stay ahead of it. It sounds like you are prepared for some tough symptoms of this treatment if they happen. Mental preparation and stay strong attitude will get you through each hour each day each week and you will be done with cancer eradicated and recovery right around the corner. We are here cheering you on and praying for you and even though we can't do it for you we can pray and encourage you and help with any advice we may have. Wishing you the best with prayers-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

Thanks for your prayers ,

Thanks for your prayers , indont think I am really prepared for what coming , I still can't imagine it.  I have lot of moments of doubt and imagine myself telling the doctors I am done.  hearing a cure is around the corner, is helpful and hearing you guys get thru it , I know I will to.

Yea, taking the meds, no reason to give myself more discomfort then I have to. Helps with sleep. 
    Thanks again ??

• RodgerM
    edited January 2021 #19
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

What is your dosage?

Don (Beagledad)

Not really sure about the

Not really sure about the radation dosages I think is 70 maybe I know it's IMRT.   I know that the last 10 days the field of radation will narrow to the tumor area only. so I hoping that the other side might start healing and maybe taste will start to come back.. ??‍♂️..  I know I like the sound of less radation area.  Sounds hopeful.  I grateful for sort of catching it early my field is not so large my tumor and primary and some hot spots areas.  I think that may be one of the reasons I been able to get this far doing well.   

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2021 #20
    Options
    Rodger / Beagle,

I'm sending positive thoughts for both of you. It's a rough time, going through treatment.

But - before you know if, you'll be "ringing the bell" (assuming that's how you announce the end of treatment in your facility.

A couple weeks after you finish - you're back on your way back to normal. It seems like it takes forever .... but you WILL look back on it, before you know it.

You both seem like very hardy guys, with positive attitudes - and that will carry you both through!

mg

• PipLily
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

skin preparation

My wife and I took your advice!  She went out today and found no alcohol aloe and pure cocoanut oil.  Will start using these as your husband did Monday!  Thank you!

Don (Beagledad)

Great!

Thats great.....like I said, it may have been overkill, but I had read someone else on the forum used that same regimen with wonderful results, so we thought we would try for my husband, and ended up also having great success with things in terms of condition of his skin. Even to this day, 7 months out, his skin feels very supple. Good luck! It’s overwhelming at the beginning, but you WILL GET THROUGH it!!! And give a hello to your wife for me! It is hard being on the other end and worrying. If she ever has questions, please tell her not to hesitate to ask!

Elizabeth