Queen of Cheese (Susan), how did the Keytruda go?

Options

Comments

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2020 #62
    Options
    Hang tough

Somehow there is good news in with the not so good! I know you will perk up when that couple arrives!! Had a surprise visit from my eldest son yesterday-he drove 11 hours from Tampa to NC for a one day visit with mom and now back on the road! But Oh how those hugs lifted my spirits. Know it will be the same for you. Sending you love and prayers! df

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    edited November 2020 #63
    Options
    Oh, no!!

Just saw this and distressed to see you back in the hospital.  Great news about the tumor, however.  Your resilience is impressive, which I think bodes well.  And, like Donna Faye observes, that visit with your son and future DIL will be a joyous time for all.  Best wishes, Oldbeauty

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2020 #64
    Options
    Good news about the tumor

Good news about the tumor shrinkage, despite all your treatment side effects.  I do hope that you're out of the hospital in time to enjoy your visit with your son and his fiance.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited November 2020 #65
    Options
    Oh Cheese! Nothing is ever

Oh Cheese! Nothing is ever easy for you. So glad to hear the tumor is shrinking. If anyone can make it through the treatments, it is you. I hope they are able to give you additional meds to help with the side effects you are dealing with. I think of you often. Enjoy your visit with your son and future DIL. That kind of "medicine" feeds the soul.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited November 2020 #66
    Options
    Good news about the shrinking

Good news about the shrinking tumor. Sorry you are having such terrible side effects. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving with your son and his fiance.

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Sorry and Thrilled at the Same Time

Hi Cheese,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing significant enough side effects from the Keytruda to end you up in the hospital!!  On the other hand, I'm thrilled that your recent scan showed that the tumor is decreasing in size.  I hope that they can get the side effects under control so that you can continue on the K/L.  FYI, my childhood friend who also has endometrial cancer is having good results with the K/L combo, although she had to reduce her L to 4 mg., due to it wreaking havoc on her BP.  (She's also getting jerked around by the specialty pharmacy that for two months has been unable to get her the L on time, forcing her to miss several days' dosage.  She's now switched to another specialty pharmacy, so hopefully she won't have to go through that hassle again, in addition to dealing with all the other cancer-related issues with which she has to deal). 

Feel better soon and have a wonderful Thanksgiving week visit with your son and future DIL!!!

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited November 2020 #68
    Options

In hospital again

So more fun. I'm in the hospital with Keytruda induced colitis. Being treated with IV high dose steroids. I continue to have intractable nausea and some diarrhea. But the good news is scan showed tumor reduction. So if I can live through the side effects, maybe this cocktail will work. I'm much improved now and hopefully will be home before thanksgiving since the engaged couple will be with us for a week. Still trying to remain positive but some days are very hard. I pray for you all every night. 

It's so good to hear from you

It's so good to hear from you but I sure wish you didn't have to be hospitalized. Although sometimes the hospital is the best place to be when you're having debilitating side effects. The nausea is the pits!! But hearing that the tumor is shrinking warms my heart!! Hopefully, they can get those blasted side effects under control and you can go home to enjoy the holiday with the family.

Love,

Eldri

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    edited November 2020 #69
    Options
    Good news

While the hospitalization sucks, I am glad the tumor is shrinking.  I know the visit from the engaged couple will really lift your spirits.  I wish you continued success!  I admire you greatly.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    edited November 2020 #70
    Options
    Cheese

So sorry that you have had another setback. Family is the source of our strength and our resilience because we want to be there with them. The same will be true for you. This must be so difficult for you to endure but I have faith you will endure and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with them, NOT IN THE HOSPITAL. I think about you and all of our ladies struggling with treatment everday so remember we care about you and everyone. 

xxoo

Denise

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2020 #71
    Options

In hospital again

So more fun. I'm in the hospital with Keytruda induced colitis. Being treated with IV high dose steroids. I continue to have intractable nausea and some diarrhea. But the good news is scan showed tumor reduction. So if I can live through the side effects, maybe this cocktail will work. I'm much improved now and hopefully will be home before thanksgiving since the engaged couple will be with us for a week. Still trying to remain positive but some days are very hard. I pray for you all every night. 

One goal at a time

Treatment is like climbing a mountain sometimes. You focus on just getting from one handhold to the next and in time you get to the top. There will probably be some scary moments along the way and some don't make it, but the prize awaiting at the top is what keeps you going and makes the risk worth it.  Susan, you seem to have more scary stretches than most, but one has to admire how you keep on going!  It's keeps the rest of us all going to see how you keep at it. If the K/L is going to work for anybody, I really have hopes that it will work for you. I just wish you didn't have to go through so much to get where you want to be.  I bet you have lost all of your Megace weight because of this! (Always looking for that silver lining Wink)

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2020 #72
    Options
    Cheese

So happy to hear of the shrinkage and the upcoming visit!  Praying for you right now, that that colitis will disappear and you'll be on the mend in no time.  You are the toughest of the tough and we are all so proud of you.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    edited November 2020 #73
    Options
    Susan, so good to hear from

Susan, so good to hear from you and that you are feeling a little better and the tumor shrinkage.  Prayers for that continued successes my friend.

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2020 #74
    Options
    Sad Thanksgiving

I'm feeling like crap. I just can't tolerate this regime. Feeling like it's the end of the line for me. As my family is preparing a lovely dinner, I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy any of it. Sorry to be a downer but I feel I just don't have anymore to fight. 

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2020 #75
    Options

Sad Thanksgiving

I'm feeling like crap. I just can't tolerate this regime. Feeling like it's the end of the line for me. As my family is preparing a lovely dinner, I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy any of it. Sorry to be a downer but I feel I just don't have anymore to fight. 

My heart hurts

Oh, Cheese, how I was hoping you would feel better and able to enjoy the time with your son and family. There is not much one can do to feel better when this disease and the treatments wear us down to our weakest point. You will have some time to decide if you want to keep up the treatment or take a break and then regroup. Just know all of us understand how you feel and we are all sending our hope for you to be better. df

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited November 2020 #76
    Options

Sad Thanksgiving

I am so sorry but understand

I am so sorry but understand how you feel. Sometimes just stepping back is not giving up just doing what is best for ourselves. When I stopped chemo it wasn't because I was quitting on myself; it was because I was taking care of me. My body just couldn't take anymore of the "cure." 

Do what's best for you. We all love you! (((Susan)))

Love,

Eldri

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Sad Thanksgiving

Thinking of you

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping you find the strength you need at this time.

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2020 #78
    Options

I am so sorry but understand

I am so sorry but understand how you feel. Sometimes just stepping back is not giving up just doing what is best for ourselves. When I stopped chemo it wasn't because I was quitting on myself; it was because I was taking care of me. My body just couldn't take anymore of the "cure." 

Do what's best for you. We all love you! (((Susan)))

Love,

Eldri

Ditto

I can't find better words to say than Eldri's. I think she best understands where you are at, right now. Step back and give yourself some time to breath and regroup if you need to. I'm so sorry that Thanksgiving wasn't what you had hoped it would be. 

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hugs, cheese

Susan, I've been through absolutely nothing like you have, but I do remember a friend who had barely survived cancer told me, "You'll reach a point during treatment when you really and honestly believe that you can't do it anymore - that there's nothing left in you to fight.  That's the day that is your lowest point.  Call me when you reach that day." I got there between chemos 5 and 6.  I called him late one night, and he said, "Ok, now listen closely.  This is your worst day, and tomorrow is going to start getting better, very slowly.  You might not even notice it, but I promise you it is.  Just watch."  I had to believe him because I was afraid to believe the opposite - and he had survived, right?  He was right, Susan.  We are like the marathoners who hit the wall at mile 20 and then suddenly realize we can make it the rest of the way.  You'll get to the top of whatever mountain trail God has you on, if you just keep climbing.  I think that can take many forms - treatment, no treatment, new treatment - but I know that God is faithful to see us through to what He has for us, and we aren't alone while we travel.  Much love to you.  Things almost always look better in the morning, according to my mom.  Check in and let me know if she's right.

Love, Wendy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited November 2020 #80
    Options
    So sorry to see this Susan.

So sorry to see this Susan. Once again, I'm not finding the right words for what is in my heart. 

I hope you are feeling better today. Know that we are all here for you every step of the way.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2020 #81
    Options
    Dear Susan...so very sorry to

Dear Susan...so very sorry to hear you have hit this wall...you have certainly been tried & tested many many times!

I dont post that often, but I follow everyone since I first came on here in 2012.

Your journey always has stood out...maybe bc you're a Mid-Atlantic East Coast girl like me.

Wendy's post really touched me & I hope it touched you. Hopefully you can grab hold of that for now.

Thoughts & prayers for things to settle down & stop stressing you out...