Let the games begin....

1235»

Comments

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    edited August 2020 #82
    Enjoy your weekend, and good luck Monday, Cheese

You are one tough lady, Susan.  I hate to see that you've been through the wringer again.  I think of you often, and I send you virtual hugs to boost your spirit.  We all do so appreciate being kept in the loop.  You are a rock and a great resource.  I hope the treatment on the 31st goes without any complication, and that your response is one for the record books!  Best wishes, Oldbeauty

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2020 #83
    Thinking of you

All the best today for the L/K to work like a charm. Hang tough!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Susan, sending you good

Susan, sending you good thoughts and prayers always, but a little something extra for today.

• Molly110
    Molly110 Member Posts: 191 Member

Mr Toad’s Wild Ride

When last we chatted I was recovering from my hospitalization.
    My hemoglobin never really got up to par, and forgive me if I forget some details, but after multiple transfusions and ascites big enough to mimic a full termed baby, I found myself in the intensive care unit of Hospital of University of PA. 

To make a long story short, I stayed there for 5 days. My cancer has progressed even on treatment and my first drainage of ascites yielded 6.4 Liters (over 3-2 liters of Pepsi!). Unfortunately I also suffered a hematoma so it took awhile fo them to stabilize my blood count. Meanwhile horrible, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. I’ll spare you more details. 

Friday, they drained another almost 4 liters. The plan is, I will begin immunotherapy with Keytruda and Lenvima on August 31. Fortunately we found a remedy for the horrible nausea (Zyprexa, who knew?). My oncologist is very hopeful about this treatment. 

So it’s been hellish for the past few weeks but I’m over the worst of it for now. Now if I could only muster the energy for a shower. It’s been a while. 

So that's the updates girls!  Stay strong. 

You are an amazing woman. I

You are an amazing woman. I hope you are getting stronger and feeling better by the day. The new treatment sounds so promising.

Warmest wishes.