Apt canceled

SnapDragon2
SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 713 Member

Got portal notification that my follow up apt with surgeon has been cancelled for next week.  Since I have done so well, no issues, I am at low risk so can miss the apt.  Its because of this coronavirus.  The plastic surgeon wants to keep apt with him but do it via teledoc style.   

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,792 Member
    Good news

So happy to know that you are doing so well.  Best keep yourself safe and healthy as you continue to recover. 

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Great!

Great news for you!  I have an appointment this week and I sure wish they would do it by videoconference, but I doubt that will happen.  Things are breaking so fast with coronavirus, it makes one's head spin.  Since most of us have a few miles on the odometer and health issues to boot, it is likely more dangerous for us than the general population.

• SnapDragon2

Great!

Great news for you!  I have an appointment this week and I sure wish they would do it by videoconference, but I doubt that will happen.  Things are breaking so fast with coronavirus, it makes one's head spin.  Since most of us have a few miles on the odometer and health issues to boot, it is likely more dangerous for us than the general population.

Mhmmm.  Maybe call and ask

Mhmmm.  Maybe call and ask for video apt?  I was happy with the decision :)  And, you have a new picture :)

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #5
    Trubrit said:

Good news

So happy to know that you are doing so well.  Best keep yourself safe and healthy as you continue to recover. 

Tru

Thank you, Tru!  And yes ma

Thank you, Tru!  And yes ma'am, I'm being cautious especially now doing folfox.  I've missed yall :)

• zx10guy
    zx10guy Member Posts: 273 Member
    I may be in the minority here

I may be in the minority here.  But all this COVID19 hysteria to me is all overblown.  Unless you're under active treatment or you have an underlying health issue, your general risk should not be any worse than a "normal" individual.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    edited March 2020 #7
    I've been visiting someone in

I've been visiting someone in a nursing home and am now afraid to go back right now. i came down with a bad chest cold...just gotten over it now and don't know what to do. He only has his daughter and myself as visitors. I feel like for the moment I should stay away.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Have an Onc. apt. Apr 1st,

Have an Onc. apt. Apr 1st, and am wondering if it will happen. We don't do much, the blood panel happened last month, cea is good [2.7], blood levels are good, that's what he'll say, ask me how I'm feeling, and we'll see you again in 6 months, have a great day. It's become a banal exercise, a point I'm profoundly grateful to have reached, and wish for all here.  I suppose we could just fist-bump, and he's got access to the good masks, so my guess is it still happens, unless one of us is exposed to something first. We'll see.........................................Dave

• SandiaBuddy
    edited March 2020 #9

Mhmmm.  Maybe call and ask

Mhmmm.  Maybe call and ask for video apt?  I was happy with the decision :)  And, you have a new picture :)

Video

I called this morning and they do not have video capability.  The nurse is supposed to call me back.  The initial impression was wear a mask or reschedule.  New photo: I did a hike last week before all the coronavirus information exploded. 

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #10
    zx10guy said:

I may be in the minority here.  But all this COVID19 hysteria to me is all overblown.  Unless you're under active treatment or you have an underlying health issue, your general risk should not be any worse than a "normal" individual.

I agree.  since I am doing

I agree.  since I am doing folfox right now they felt I could stay home :)  

• SnapDragon2

Have an Onc. apt. Apr 1st,

Have an Onc. apt. Apr 1st, and am wondering if it will happen. We don't do much, the blood panel happened last month, cea is good [2.7], blood levels are good, that's what he'll say, ask me how I'm feeling, and we'll see you again in 6 months, have a great day. It's become a banal exercise, a point I'm profoundly grateful to have reached, and wish for all here.  I suppose we could just fist-bump, and he's got access to the good masks, so my guess is it still happens, unless one of us is exposed to something first. We'll see.........................................Dave

We have 3 confirmed cases in

We have 3 confirmed cases in my state as of this morning.  The hospital where I had surgery is where 1 of them is quareentined I have heard.  I bet they will move the other 2 cases there also.  It couldn't hurt to call and ask for a video apt ( if they have the option) if the virus is circulating around your area.  

• SnapDragon2

I've been visiting someone in

I've been visiting someone in a nursing home and am now afraid to go back right now. i came down with a bad chest cold...just gotten over it now and don't know what to do. He only has his daughter and myself as visitors. I feel like for the moment I should stay away.

I think its a good idea to

I think its a good idea to wait a lil bit too.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited March 2020 #13
    zx10guy said:

The logic behind everyone

The logic behind everyone working at ways to not get it is to protect those in the community that are elderly, or immunocompromised, etc.

• zx10guy

I agree.  since I am doing

I agree.  since I am doing folfox right now they felt I could stay home :)  

Very understandable for your

Very understandable for your situation.

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #15
    abita said:

The logic behind everyone working at ways to not get it is to protect those in the community that are elderly, or immunocompromised, etc.

Thats my understanding too. 

Thats my understanding too.  The center where I go for infusions has stated on attn board thing as you walk in if you are not a patient and have a cold, cough or otherwise sick please do not enter facility.  If you are a patient and in need of a mask please ask at front desk.

• zx10guy
    edited March 2020 #16
    abita said:

This should begin with

This should begin with emphasizing proper hygienne which should have been common place in the first place.  The mass hysteria many are exhibiting is just crazy when the flu has been around for many many years with yearly mortality rates which didn't alarm anyone.  The mass rush with people hoarding supplies is just crazy along with the total shut down of daily activities.  It's been general consensus that 80% of people will be fine after exposure.

Another nugget is that many of us have been already exposed to some variant of a corona virus.  The mortality rate has certainly not approached that of MERS which didn't cause such reaction as we're seeing here.

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #17

Video

I called this morning and they do not have video capability.  The nurse is supposed to call me back.  The initial impression was wear a mask or reschedule.  New photo: I did a hike last week before all the coronavirus information exploded. 

Well darn.  Suggest they get

Well darn.  Suggest they get up with the times, hahaha.  I had no idea my drs did video apts, now I do.

I don't think snakes on the trail will give you the virus, lol...I'm not trying to jinx you or anything but when I see all the rockiness I think "ya, thats a good place for a snake to hide out."  

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    glad you are doing well Snap!

• SandiaBuddy

Well darn.  Suggest they get

Well darn.  Suggest they get up with the times, hahaha.  I had no idea my drs did video apts, now I do.

I don't think snakes on the trail will give you the virus, lol...I'm not trying to jinx you or anything but when I see all the rockiness I think "ya, thats a good place for a snake to hide out."  

Snakes

Interestingly, Grand Canyon has some pink rattlesnakes.  I have only seen one rattlesnake on my many hikes, and luckily, he was moving on.  But that is an additional benefit of hiking poles!  I cancelled my appointment and along the road found out all the tests came out fine.  Double benefit. I will hopefully make time to do a separate post soon.

The snakes likely do not have coronavirus, but 1/3 to 1/2 of the visitors to the Canyon are international.  On that stay, I had a Chinese family in the room below me.  As of now, I will let the travelling slide.

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #20
    AnneO1965 said:

Thank you, Anne!  So happy

Thank you, Anne!  So happy you are doing well too.  Good luck on your scan this week.

• SnapDragon2

Snakes

Interestingly, Grand Canyon has some pink rattlesnakes.  I have only seen one rattlesnake on my many hikes, and luckily, he was moving on.  But that is an additional benefit of hiking poles!  I cancelled my appointment and along the road found out all the tests came out fine.  Double benefit. I will hopefully make time to do a separate post soon.

The snakes likely do not have coronavirus, but 1/3 to 1/2 of the visitors to the Canyon are international.  On that stay, I had a Chinese family in the room below me.  As of now, I will let the travelling slide.

Good it went well.  I had no

Good it went well.  I had no idea the Grand Canyon attracted international visitors on that level.  Looked up pink rattlesnakes, they are pretty, ha.  Learn something new every day.  We are headed to the beach next week, wish it was this week but its a folfox week.  Renting a motorhome and camping far far away, lol..