Beginning radiation for rectal tumor

Options
12346»

Comments

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Following my footsteps...

Looks like you are following the same path I took.  I have a permanent colostoy and no opening there anymore. I was in the hospital for 4 days, and I don't really remember any of it except the dreams from the morphine. The day they stopped giving me the morphine is the day the doc asked me if I wanted to go home. My reply was HELL YES!  The actual recovery time for my surgery was about 8 weeks. I think it took so long because I developed an infection where my staples were on my bottom. I don't even want get in to the mess of my butt staples, but it was brutal. 

The bag isn't so bad once you get used to it. I've pretty much come to terms with pooping in a bag for the rest of my life. And the best part about it is that I can poop anywhere. I usually don't even notice I am unless there is gas involved..

Keep going Me, hopefully your finish line is near!

• MeAndMine
    MeAndMine Member Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure

I'm still trying to figure out the constipation. It's weird how nothing you do really matters in the bathroom department. Either way, I used to be able to change my diet to fix problems but nothing really works these days. I've lost 2 more pounds and I know I need to eat more but the thought of going to the bathroom is just not worth the pain right now.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a nice weekend!

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How you doing?

Hiya Me,

We haven't heard from you in a while, and I hope everything is ok. I hope you are just enjoying family time and being out in the world. 

Please check in, I'm worried about you.

Anne