Roll Call Anyone?

Options

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options

Hello

I was my sister's caretaker along with her husband as she fought ovc.  Unfortunately after 14 months she passed away from ovc at the age of 46.  I am determined to help spread awareness and also offer support where I can.  I also want to learn as much about this disease as I can for the other women in my family.  That is why I am here.  Thanks to all of you for all your insight and wisdom.

Julie's Sister, I am so glad

Julie's Sister, I am so glad you stopped in.  You and your sister are not forgotten.

• Tigger52402
    Tigger52402 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I am a survivor

I was diagnosed with overian cancer November 2018 Stage 4, low grade.  I had debunking surger and 18 weeks of chemo, carboplatin and Abraxine.  I will take Letrozole for life.   There was still overian cancer remaining in my left breast and a lymph node under my left arm.  I had surgery May 1 to remove the lump and node.  I was told that was the only remaining cancer seen.  I go back to have a CT scan and my follow up appt late June.  I am very nervous about the follow up.  How do I get past the worry that any little ache is the cancer? And the worry that it is coming back?

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Welcome Tigger,

I answered your question in your separate post.  I hope youi find something that calms your mind.

• jontaejones
    jontaejones Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Was posting here for my GF. 

Was posting here for my GF.  Stage III, Fall 2017 debulking and 6 cycles of taxol & carbo.  MSK.

So far, so good.  Looking back, nothing about the experience was what I thought it would be.  Obviously, I hope that stays past tense.

Thanks to this forum for the info and help.

• debsue420
    debsue420 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    My 2nd Post

Started with Stage 3 C Endomentrial Cancer. Feeling positive that I will be a long term Survivor. Diagnosed 2/7/2019, had a total hysterectomy & a tumor got into one local lymph node outside of uterus. So had 6 wks external radiation & 2 wks Brachytherapy. Have had 4 chemos with 3 more to come every 3 wks. My last chemo 2 wks ago we added Taxol & Caboplatin with the Cisplatin. Good Luck to all. Keep the faith...

• Tethys41
    Options

Was posting here for my GF. 

Was posting here for my GF.  Stage III, Fall 2017 debulking and 6 cycles of taxol & carbo.  MSK.

So far, so good.  Looking back, nothing about the experience was what I thought it would be.  Obviously, I hope that stays past tense.

Thanks to this forum for the info and help.

The experience

Hi Johtae,

Yes, it is an experience.  Goodl uck to your GF.

• Tethys41
    Options
    debsue420 said:

My 2nd Post

Started with Stage 3 C Endomentrial Cancer. Feeling positive that I will be a long term Survivor. Diagnosed 2/7/2019, had a total hysterectomy & a tumor got into one local lymph node outside of uterus. So had 6 wks external radiation & 2 wks Brachytherapy. Have had 4 chemos with 3 more to come every 3 wks. My last chemo 2 wks ago we added Taxol & Caboplatin with the Cisplatin. Good Luck to all. Keep the faith...

Good Luck

Hope your treatments go well. 

• Chuck Z
    Chuck Z Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Update on my wife

Just to let everyone know. My wife passed away on our forty third wedding anniversary on May 1st. From therapy related Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She battled both ovarian and TNBC for seven years. Only to surcumb to a cancer that was caused from all the treatments she had had from her first two cancers.

• Tethys41
    Options
    Chuck Z said:

Update on my wife

Just to let everyone know. My wife passed away on our forty third wedding anniversary on May 1st. From therapy related Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She battled both ovarian and TNBC for seven years. Only to surcumb to a cancer that was caused from all the treatments she had had from her first two cancers.

So sorry

Chuck Z,

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's passing. 

Knowing it will happen doesn't make it any easier when it does.

I hope your memories of her bring you comfort.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    edited September 2019 #31
    Options
    I am here

10 years in november for me and still here

• childofthestars
    childofthestars Member Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo from London

Hi All

I'm still here - ovca dx in 2010 - doing very well and enjoying life.

Rarely visit this board anymore but glad to see it is still around for those that find help and comfort.

Michelle :)

• EightyEight
    EightyEight Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Ovarian Cancer

I was diagnosed with 3c Ovarian Cancer in 2016. It has metastasized to the peritoneal cavity. Current taking chemo, again. 3rd time.

• Tethys41
    Options

Ovarian Cancer

I was diagnosed with 3c Ovarian Cancer in 2016. It has metastasized to the peritoneal cavity. Current taking chemo, again. 3rd time.

Welcome

Welcome 88,

May the third time be the charm.

• Tethys41
    Options

Hellooooo from London

Hi All

I'm still here - ovca dx in 2010 - doing very well and enjoying life.

Rarely visit this board anymore but glad to see it is still around for those that find help and comfort.

Michelle :)

London!

Glad to hear from you childofthestars.  Congratulations on your good health.

London must be exciting to be in London.

• niecygirl
    niecygirl Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Roll Call

I was dx in 2015 with low grade serous carcinoma stage 3C. NED but I have a rising CA-125 and pelvic pain, CT scheduled. 

• JoWin615
    JoWin615 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi to all

I was diagnosed in 2011 - stage lllC. After two recurrences, I am currently NED, as Zejula has been doing the maintenance trick for over two years. I welcome each birthday!

Whenever I visit this this board, I always regret that I don‘t do it more often. I recognize many of your names, and welcome to the new ones! Tethys41, your wealth of knowledge about our common disease is huge. I look forward to your posts. Thanks for starting this roll call.

My best to everyone!

Jo Winchester

• Tethys41
    Options
    JoWin615 said:

Hi to all

I was diagnosed in 2011 - stage lllC. After two recurrences, I am currently NED, as Zejula has been doing the maintenance trick for over two years. I welcome each birthday!

Whenever I visit this this board, I always regret that I don‘t do it more often. I recognize many of your names, and welcome to the new ones! Tethys41, your wealth of knowledge about our common disease is huge. I look forward to your posts. Thanks for starting this roll call.

My best to everyone!

Jo Winchester

Good to hear from you

Thanks for checking in, JoWin615.  I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

• newhopechurchli
    newhopechurchli Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Here!

I dont come on too often but occasionally check in.  I am 11 year's NED of synchronous primaries cancers.  Ovarian cancer stage 3C grade 3 and Endometrial cancer stage 1B grade 2. 

• Tethys41
    Options

Here!

I dont come on too often but occasionally check in.  I am 11 year's NED of synchronous primaries cancers.  Ovarian cancer stage 3C grade 3 and Endometrial cancer stage 1B grade 2. 

Congratulations

Congratulations on 11 years NED.  Thanks for checking in. 

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    i am still here

it will be 10 years nexr month since my diagnosos i am still doing great