PET scan results today

Options

I received my results today from the PET scan, CLEAR OF CANCER!!! Best three words I have ever heard. Been a long road but I can now breath and I want to thank all of you for getting me through all this. I swear this site was a life saver. I healed fine eating, swallowing well, all taste has returned and no pain other the lymphedema in my neck, my doctor is sending me for therapy for that. Said I will go a few times a week and that should help. 

‘I feel like my life was returned to me today! God Bless you all!!!! Charlene

Comments

• grace2017
    grace2017 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Great news!

Big sigh of relief!!!  Congratulations!  :)

• ricksmithgolfer
    ricksmithgolfer Member Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2018 #3
    Options
    Awesome!

I am in my last week of treatment for Tonsil / lymph node cancer. Congrats on your NED. what a blessing. Personally, I have been fortunate and handles the treatment very well. No PEG Tube and am still able to swallow my boost shakes no problem. My biggest problem was losing my taste and saliva late in week #3. I just can not eat anything. I definitely under estimated the loss of taste thing. You mention your taste has returned already. Were you like me and lost all your taste? I find this to be one of my biggest fears right now - maybe never getting my taste back. Did your taste come back all at the same time or a little week by week? Again, congrats on your scan coming back cancer free my fellow cancer warrior. I'm so happy for you.

• Charmit
    Charmit Member Posts: 87
    Options

Awesome!

I am in my last week of treatment for Tonsil / lymph node cancer. Congrats on your NED. what a blessing. Personally, I have been fortunate and handles the treatment very well. No PEG Tube and am still able to swallow my boost shakes no problem. My biggest problem was losing my taste and saliva late in week #3. I just can not eat anything. I definitely under estimated the loss of taste thing. You mention your taste has returned already. Were you like me and lost all your taste? I find this to be one of my biggest fears right now - maybe never getting my taste back. Did your taste come back all at the same time or a little week by week? Again, congrats on your scan coming back cancer free my fellow cancer warrior. I'm so happy for you.

I had the same cancer right

I had the same cancer right tonsil three node affected and removed. I had seven weeks of radiation M-F chemo every Monday. I faired pretty well until the 6th week, lost taste and burn on neck started to get bad, but never really had a sore throat or issues with swallowing. The fact I couldn’t taste any food altered me from eating so I lost a good amount of weight. I would say taste gradually started coming back a month out of treatment and improved from there, my last treatment was June 15th and here I am September 12th and all taste has returned. Sending prayers you fair as well as I did and just know the taste will return but I also know it’s an awful feeling while going through it and waiting for it to return. Just know this isn’t your forever place this is just a sucky bump in the road!! Prayers to you....

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Hurray Charlene!!!!!!

And great congratulations to you for the clear scan and NED. I've been there and it is like the roadblock is taken away and you can go on with your life again. I agree this site is a life saver. Prayers were answered and may God watch over you as you finish your recovery.

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    edited September 2018 #6
    Options
    Charlene, congratulations!!

Charlene, congratulations!! Hope you stay around as an inspiration to others just starting.. bill

• momall25ofu
    momall25ofu Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Charlene, I'm so happy for

Charlene, I'm so happy for you being NED!!!!!!  I agree with Russ, prayers have been answered!  It gives hope to those who are just starting.