Options
2»

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

hi all,

hi all,

I had the surgery yesterday. it went smoothly without any complications. but I was weak when my doctor was talking to me. what I can remember now is that it's an endometriosis cyst. he didn't send frozen part for pathology and biopsy results will be available next week. I don't understand why it's the case because I was hoping to find pathology result during the procedure. anyway, nothing I can do now. just wait for the results and follow up.

thanks for everyone reading my posts and answer my question. 

Benita

Great news!!

This is great news, Benita.  I think endometriosis is pretty easy to diagnose by looking at the cyst.  They tend to be filled with blood and are called chocolate cysts, due to their appearance.  Of course the pathology will be the final word, but your doctor probably thought it was unnecessary to do the testing during surgery and I think they can do a more thorough assessment later on, not while you are under anesthesia.  Best of luck to you, and good health.

• Benita1974
    Benita1974 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

Great news!!

This is great news, Benita.  I think endometriosis is pretty easy to diagnose by looking at the cyst.  They tend to be filled with blood and are called chocolate cysts, due to their appearance.  Of course the pathology will be the final word, but your doctor probably thought it was unnecessary to do the testing during surgery and I think they can do a more thorough assessment later on, not while you are under anesthesia.  Best of luck to you, and good health.

thank you so much Tethys for

thank you so much Tethys for all your responses. wish you stay good health as well.