Options
2»

Comments

• Charmit
    Charmit Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Billie67 said:

day one down!

Been thinking about you all day! Please let us know how you are doing! 

Good evening new friends

Good evening new friends sorry I didn’t post earlier but I came home changed and crashed and just woke a while ago.  Treatments went well the staff at Smilow Cancer Center at Yale are absolutely amazing. My chemo nurse Chris is wonderful she explained every step hour of hydration, 45 mins of nausea meds, then hour of Cisplatin then another hour of hydration. She also was a blessing called my doc and asked if I can get two doses of Ativan in my IV...yes. And called radiation a few times to bump my appointment up so instead of 4:45 she got me in before 3:00. Love her already. John my husband wheeled me down because I’m at this point feeling the affects of the calming godsend. My male nurse cuter then ever came out to get me and I asked if he had his mallet to get me in there? Made a joke I was good no tears, no shaking. Walked in the changing rooms stripped from the waist up commented on the cute robe, no lie was white and blue gingham and cotton and comfortable!! He came back for me and took me to my radiation room, other nurse standing in the doorway, again I said hi do you have the other mallet?? Again kidding!! I was good I laid on the table they applied the mask, they explained the process and I was done before I knew it!! All in all a great day NOT ONE TEAR!!! All my family and me stopped for pizza on our way home and I walked in and crashed in my bed till almost 8:30. Thanks for you your prayers I need 34 more days of them please!!! ♥️♥️

Oh and forgot to mention getting a free massage there Friday!! Woohoo