Comments

• Blue Eyes NJ
    Blue Eyes NJ Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018 #62
    Options
    pato58 said:

Hi Blue Eyes

Do you actually live in New Jersey?
    I am from there too. Where did you have youu operation done, if you want to share?
    For stage 1A the protocol is no treatment after surgery, even with grade 2. Was your tumor in the lower uterine segment?
    How about pelvic wash and/or lymphovascular space invasion?
    Take care!

Pato58

Yes, I am in NJ. Had surgery at Morristown Medical Center. Gyn/Oncologist initially said no further treatment, but when I reviewed my pathology report and saw LVSI, I inquired about it. Dr. said she did not feel it was necessary  but that I was borderline for that protocal due to LVSI and age (64). Referred me to radiation oncologist who said she thought it was a good idea. So, I went ahead with it. 

• sissa60
    sissa60 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Update
    Hello Every one I can see your response.
  • Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    sissa60 said:

Update
    Hello Every one I can see your response.

Terrific!

Glad you can see the discussions again.

• pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Pato58

Yes, I am in NJ. Had surgery at Morristown Medical Center. Gyn/Oncologist initially said no further treatment, but when I reviewed my pathology report and saw LVSI, I inquired about it. Dr. said she did not feel it was necessary  but that I was borderline for that protocal due to LVSI and age (64). Referred me to radiation oncologist who said she thought it was a good idea. So, I went ahead with it. 

Thank you

That makes sense and I favor your decision.
    I had my operation at Cooper Medical Center/M.D Anderson in Camden City, South Jersey.
    Initially My biopsy showed grade 2 but upon hysterectomy and final pathology it was stage 1A grade 1 with no Lymphovascular invasion.

I am 60 years old.
    Glad you did not have any side effects!

• sissa60
    sissa60 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    update

Just a test, my email is correpted and i don't get any response.

• Dmont0703
    Dmont0703 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2018 #67
    Options
    lovecatz said:

I was diagnosed with uterine

I was diagnosed with uterine carcinoma in June after months of unexplained bleeding. I went through menopausse 15 years ago. Biopsy done and sure enough, it was cancer. I walked around in a daze for weeks, had a hysterectomy on July 9th. I had never even been in a hospital much less cut into other then having my daughters 40+ years ago!  I had a big mass in my uterus which is where the cancer was, along with 37% of the muscle in my uterus contained cancer cells. I am six weeks post op and both my gyn/cancer doctor and radiologist recommend five rounds of vaginal brachytherapy. Has anyone out there had this done? What kind of side effects did you have? I have to say, the side effects i have read online are not pleasant. However both drs recommend highly i get this radiation done just in case the cancer appears outside my uterus at some point.

Hi.  I am scheduled to do

Hi.  I am scheduled to do brachytherapy but I needed to do 6 rounds of chemo and 5 weeks of radiation first.  Brachytherapy is a type of radiation.  Side effects are minimal (skin irritation, fatigue).  Did your surgeon find any cancer outside of your uterus?  What stage and type of cancer do you have?

• Dmont0703
    Options
    sissa60 said:

Update

Hi Hopeful56.

7 days after first chemo, I am having weird pounding pain, on and off, in my chest bone (sternum) and lower back bone. It flares up depending on body position. I am able to control the pain with Tylenol. Have you had such bone pain at different spots of the body like that? Do the side effects go away after a certain period following a chemo sesstion?

Are you getting Neulasta? 

Are you getting Neulasta?  This causes bone pain that kinda feels like a bad case of the flu.  I had 6 rounds of chemo with Neulasta.  I found that moving helped ease the pain while sitting still made me more tired and caused more pain.  The pain seemed to last less time with each infusion.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Dmont0703 said:

Hi.  I am scheduled to do

Hi.  I am scheduled to do brachytherapy but I needed to do 6 rounds of chemo and 5 weeks of radiation first.  Brachytherapy is a type of radiation.  Side effects are minimal (skin irritation, fatigue).  Did your surgeon find any cancer outside of your uterus?  What stage and type of cancer do you have?

Dmont.  they found cancer in

Dmont.  they found cancer in my uterus cervix and left ovary.  I was staged at that time with Stage 3a Grade 2 endometrial adenocarcinoma. (After a routine hysterectomy).  I was 45 years old at the time in 2005.   I had 6 rounds of chemo and brachytherapy.   I am now 58 years old.  I have had several surgeries since then but no other type of treatment.

• Dmont0703
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Dmont.  they found cancer in

Dmont.  they found cancer in my uterus cervix and left ovary.  I was staged at that time with Stage 3a Grade 2 endometrial adenocarcinoma. (After a routine hysterectomy).  I was 45 years old at the time in 2005.   I had 6 rounds of chemo and brachytherapy.   I am now 58 years old.  I have had several surgeries since then but no other type of treatment.

Thank you for sharing this. 

Thank you for sharing this.  I just had a CT scan and they found an enlarged illiac lymph node.  My radiation is on hold until a biopsy. I'm frankly sitting on pins and needles.