My cancer has spread

Options
2»

Comments

• Darkdancer333
    Darkdancer333 Member Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I like Danceskater am at a loss for words

After reading this i felt empty.. I wanted to cry.... We all pray for you. Its just came as a shock reading this and realizing that the disease is a reminder of our fragility.

But the good thing is our will to fight and knowing the effort we are willing to put forth. 

God bless 

• Sprint Car Dude
    Sprint Car Dude Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Dang.

Curlyn, keep up the fight. You have all of us pulling for you to win this battle.

May God Bless You and Guide You on This Journey.

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hate This

Curlyn, reading this today rips my heart out.  We all struggled so hard to recover and now you have to deal with this recurrance.  Stay positive and please hold out hope it can be put in remission again.  Know that we are all praying for your recovery.

• Curlyn
    Curlyn Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Thank you, All!! I can feel

Thank you, All!! I can feel the energy. We are all connected. This week I start radiation. And Opdivo will be the drug of choice. I'm positive and hopeful. I think I will be fatigued but with your responses and outpouring of concern and love, I will update any good happenings. Stay strong x

• Tonita
    Tonita Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't despair (I know, easier

Don't despair (I know, easier said....) My friend has been stage 4 cancer for years now.  She started with breast cancer of one type and through she was home free with that.  Years later, another type of breast cancer attacked her.  It spread to her stomach and spine.  Whatever treatment regime she is on is working.  Prayers going up for you.

• pmsakom
    pmsakom Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Keep Fighting

Curlyn,

You have been such a positive presence on this board helping others along their journey.  I hope we can do the same for you as you continue your battle with cancer.  Stay strong and come on here to update when you are strong enough to do so.  You have my prayers.

Melissa

• ByeByeCancer
    ByeByeCancer Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Many people

Hang in there! Many people have fought and won a 2nd battle with cancer. Sending prayers and positive vibes your way!

• lorijeannj
    lorijeannj Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Curly,

Curlyn,

As I write this I am sitting at the Cancer Center with my husband who has just started Opdivo.

His cancer spread to his lungs.  In September he was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma HPV+, 5 cm base of tongue.

The usual radiation / cisplatin. First post PET, lung nodules.  We were hopeful like Ok native that an inffection was there.  Not.  It was  and came back scc.

I feel for you and my husband but feel very optimistic about Opdivo.

God bless, good luck and I will update on his experience and mostly prognosis to rid of this beast.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Hope

Recurrence is such a horrible condition. We all, willing nor not, fear it in the back of our brains. The good thing is it is 2018 and new therapies are showing promise and results in battling cancer. You are strong and focused, you will get through this as others have too. Best to you.