My cancer has spread

Options
Curlyn
Curlyn Member Posts: 189

Hi All, I might not see you for awhile but wanted to thank those who have supported me, listened, and advised. My HPV driven cancer has been cured in my neck but has spread to brain and lung. I was aware that it could happen so no surprise. A new immunotherapy drug for me and radiation plan, though much more gentle. I have the strength ( though know not where it came from), my pain has been addressed, and I will concentrate on helping my family.  However, my next battle turns out, and I will fight, I intend to enjoy whatever time I am gifted. My life has been good, though not long, no regrets. Take care, thanks for everything. x

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Sunday Morning

Curlyn,

This is not what I wanted to learn today.  I will hope you have a good treatment plan for this go-a-round and that it simply works.  Many H&N members have gone through additional cancer and had much success.  I pray you will be ok. 

If we can channel some H&N strength to you, we will.  Your continued presence  on this forum is my desire and I will be supporting you  all the way.

Your friend,

Matt

• Dean54
    Dean54 Member Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh No Curlyn

That makes me so sad I feel like crying. We started and finished this journey almost at the same time and felt a kindred spirit in you dear. This just breaks my heart and I can only hope for a positive outcome of this somehow.

• OKCnative
    OKCnative Member Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The fight isn't over. You've

The fight isn't over. You've just been dealt a lousy hand. Your fight continues while you do what must be done. 

• Curlyn
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

Sunday Morning

Curlyn,

This is not what I wanted to learn today.  I will hope you have a good treatment plan for this go-a-round and that it simply works.  Many H&N members have gone through additional cancer and had much success.  I pray you will be ok. 

If we can channel some H&N strength to you, we will.  Your continued presence  on this forum is my desire and I will be supporting you  all the way.

Your friend,

Matt

Thank you, dear Matt. I will

Thank you, dear Matt. I will try to update everyone as things unfold. This board has been a blessing. I hope that I have been able to help others, and continue to do so. My doctors have all told me to fight, they arent ready to give up. I told them that I would as long as I have quality. So I guess there is still wiggle room.

• Curlyn
    Options
    Dean54 said:

Oh No Curlyn

That makes me so sad I feel like crying. We started and finished this journey almost at the same time and felt a kindred spirit in you dear. This just breaks my heart and I can only hope for a positive outcome of this somehow.

Thank you, Dean. I have felt

Thank you, Dean. I have felt the connection, too. Please just stay positive and take care of you. I feel like you will be okay xo

• Curlyn
    Options
    OKCnative said:

The fight isn't over. You've

The fight isn't over. You've just been dealt a lousy hand. Your fight continues while you do what must be done. 

Thank you OKC. You are a

Thank you OKC. You are a strong and focused man, and your tips have helped me to date. I will definitely concentrate on winning something back. I can't remember the name of the new drug but will post it, starts c 'A'. Hopefully, I can post some successes. 

• christine2080
    christine2080 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    I am so sorry

Curlyn, you have been a source of inspiration as well as information for me as my husband fought HPV+ cancer this past fall. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please know that you can depend on us for moral support or just to vent. 

• grace2017
    grace2017 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this

I've read many of your posts and have found them helpful as I've served as caregiver to my husband.  I'm so sorry to hear about the spreading.  I pray for strength and courage for you in whatever you face with this next challenge.  Many warm hugs to you.

• Curlyn
    edited March 2018 #10
    Options

I am so sorry

Curlyn, you have been a source of inspiration as well as information for me as my husband fought HPV+ cancer this past fall. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please know that you can depend on us for moral support or just to vent. 

I appreciate your kind words,

I appreciate your kind words, Christine. Hugs to you and your husband.

• Curlyn
    Options
    grace2017 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this

I've read many of your posts and have found them helpful as I've served as caregiver to my husband.  I'm so sorry to hear about the spreading.  I pray for strength and courage for you in whatever you face with this next challenge.  Many warm hugs to you.

Thanks Grace. The prayers and

Thanks Grace. The prayers and supportive words have all helped. I will be okay. Hugs to you and hubby.

• DanceSkater
    DanceSkater Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2018 #12
    Options
    I have hesitated to comment

Dear Curlyn -

I have hesitated to comment because I was at a loss for words after reading your post.   

I am sorry you must continue your battle with this beast but happy to learn the doctors have a plan for the continued fight.   

Sending thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you.  

Jan

• Frances_S
    Frances_S Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Dear Curlyn,

Dear Curlyn,

I am so sad to hear this news. I have read many of your post, which helped me get through this difficult journey during my husband’s treatment. Stay positive and remind yourself everyday that you can do this. You are strong. You got through this once before and I believe you can do it again.

You will be in my prayers every day.

Frances

• Suez39
    Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Curlyn

Dear Curly

I am very sorry to hear your news. But don't ever give up your fight with this disease. God will help you through this. I will pray for a good outcome for you. 

Stay strong.

Suez

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    I am thinking of you, Curlyn.

I am thinking of you, Curlyn. I am sorry you must continue to fight, but I know you will do it with strength and grace. We are all behind you sending our love and prayers.

• JAL23
    JAL23 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Curlyn,

Curlyn,

I am at a loss of words. I am really sorry to hear this news and I will keep you in my thoughts. I remember at one point during our consultations before treatment, one of the oncologists mentioned that he had a patient who had been doing well for 10 years on immunotherapy and going strong. The science on this stuff is improving on an annual basis. Keep fighting and lots of love.

John

• johnsonbl
    johnsonbl Member Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good luck Curlyn...

This is what we all fear...  Fortunately, as others have said, they are getting better and better at this every day!

• Hygienist97
    Hygienist97 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2018 #18
    Options
    Wishing you the strength to fight

I’m sad to read this update, I haven’t posted on here much but I do read everyones journey, you had given me treatment advice on my husband when he was first embarking on decision about a treatment plan to go with as I had asked for peoples advice, thank you for that.I will pray you find strength to continue your fight. As a caregiver I certainly can admire and appreciate all of your challenges you face.Hoping these new immunotherapy treatments can cure you as you continue on your journey.

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear of your

Very sorry to hear of your condition, no one should go thru this once, let alone twice. 

• caregiver wife
    caregiver wife Member Posts: 234
    Options

Curlyn, I, too, am VERY sorry to read this developement.  Husband is nearing 1 year NED after his recurrence. During the treatment for that, doctor kept saying he still had multiple options for treatment.

Praying that you shall also have the continued success we have experienced.

Crystal

• corleone
    corleone Member Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Continue the fight

There have been quite a few members here, with reoccurrences, who continue the treatment and are doing well. Maybe they will chime in and share the experience.

As far as I know Nivolumab has been approved by FDA for H&N cancer; you are refering to that one?

Could work very well for you.

Please keep us posted.