Our dear friend, John, has passed

Options
2»

Comments

• TreadLightly90
    Options
    I never saw this man in the

I never saw this man in the forums since I'm new, but I get the impression that he was a very helpful man. More importantly, it looks obvious to me that he was well-loved by everyone here. I hope that, among other positives in his life, he found solace in the fact that he was able to help people suffering from what he had during his time.

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    He was a character

I don't think I ever saw a one line post from John over the years always half a page. He was vocal and outspoken but we all loved him. He sufferred mightily throughout the course of his disease , I won't go into that , suffice to say that he tolerated much more than many and though I am sad at his passing I am glad that his suffering is at an end it was that bad . Rest in peace mate you put up an epic fight. Ron.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

He was a character

I don't think I ever saw a one line post from John over the years always half a page. He was vocal and outspoken but we all loved him. He sufferred mightily throughout the course of his disease , I won't go into that , suffice to say that he tolerated much more than many and though I am sad at his passing I am glad that his suffering is at an end it was that bad . Rest in peace mate you put up an epic fight. Ron.

I was unaware that he

I was unaware that he suffered badly Ron, that makes me really sad. I loved it when he chimed in on a subject. It was always well researched and written in a way that made sense. I copied his explanation of how chemo works and have it kept in a file. I think it's one of the most comprehensive things I've ever read on the subject. I asked if I could use it again for my own purposes with his approval and accreditation as much as I could for someone who's name I merely know as an on line persona. 

May he rest in peace. He must have put up a hell of a battle. God bless him.

Jan

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    edited September 2017 #25
    Options
    *swear word, swear word, swear word*

So saddened to hear that John has passed.  He was so knowledgeable about eastern medicine and it really helped him for a long time. At least he is at peace now.  Blessings.  Traci

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    John23

I was afraid that might have been the case. John and I butted heads quite often in the early years but we became good friends over time. I remember him telling me once that his wife used to say "Some people see the glass as half full, others see it as half empty. John saw the glass as being polluted"
    Ron, you are so right about John never leaving a one line post. He had a rough journey. While I'm saddened by everyone's loss I'm happy he is at peace

• ellend
    ellend Member Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of John's passing

I am saddened by the news of John's passing. I enjoyed reading his posts and the information he shared. I had no idea of the suffering he went through and at least have some comfort that part is over.  My condolences to his family and close friends.

Ellen