2»

Comments

• Froggy32
    Froggy32 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    tanda said:

Froggy 32

Hi Froggy,

WOW!! AWESOME the way you took the mallet to the gong!  of course you are tired and uncomfortable, but I can tell that yo did really, really well.

At the end of treatment I could barely stand  to ring the well...I was in a basket and begging them to send me to a short term rehab place--which didn't happen.  I was very dehydrated , had terrible frequency and urgency and also had hand and foot syndrome (I had 5 FU in pill form and this is an occasional side effect)   It took me awhile to regain energy; I am 2 yrs out and doing very well.

Get lots of rest ..eat what you like...keep hydrating and let others deal with the housework!

I could barely

Thanks I am glad to hear that you are doing good now.

f5u was what I had for 5 weeks in a picc line. I am still really sore today and having diarrhea again. 

Hopefully I can get up and do something tomorrow. My hubby is pretty good about doing stuff around here, but he isn't in much better shape than me. Heart condition.  So it might get done or it doesn't. No big deal though.

• Froggy32
    Options
    I went to my check up yesterday

The dr listened to my lungs and pushed on my tummy. They did a blood test and my WBC is up to 4.9 , the last one was 3.5, so that is improving. I am still having a few episodes of diarrhea but not a whole lot. Takes turns either constpated or diarrhea, wish it stay in the middle. Still get tired around 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon. So just lay down and rest for awhile. I had a lot of soreness for awhile, but that has improved pretty good too.  Thanks for all of the advice everyone gave me. 

• Froggy32
    edited August 2017 #24
    Options
    I went to see my dermatologist

Aug 16, 2017 - 8:26 am

I had a mole removed from my upper back, last year? It was right under my bra strap, so was getting irritated a lot. No problem, the dr just burned it off. And never heard anything else about. I was diagnosed with anal cancer this year. Just finished my treatments about 3 weeks. The dr send me to the dermatoligist  some moles I had on my face. So I go in and the nurse asks me did ever follow up from my last visit, where they found basil cell on that one! I told her I was never notified anything about it. Luckily they got the whole thing and has healed very well. But that just surprised the heck out of me. 

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited August 2017 #25
    Options
    Froggy32

It sounds like you are doing well in your recovery!  Take it easy, continue to rest when needed, and soon you'll have a lot more energy!