Yeah!! 1 more radiation treatment and I am done

Options
Froggy32
Froggy32 Member Posts: 79

I got my picc line out today and only have one radiation treatment left. I thought I had another week to go. Pleasant surprise. I am feeling pretty good, except being very tired. My WBC is 3.9 today, It was 7.9 before I started this on June 12. 

If I don't have any thing worse than I do now, I am happy. 

Comments

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news

Froggy, that's great! Very happy for you!

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Froggy32...

Yay!!! You're at the finish line and so soon will be across it! While healing and recovery is ongoing its so great to get over the "treatment hurdle" so you can now move forward. Congratulations to you!!

katheryn

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Froggy

Fantastic!  You will be surprised at how fast you'll heal!

• Froggy32
    Options
    Thanks. I was really surprised yesterday

When the dr told me the 21st was my last treatment. All along I thought they said it was the 28th. 

I am still really sore and very tired, but that has given me some hope that it will be over soon. 

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited July 2017 #6
    Options
    Froggy32...

Hi,

I copied / pasted the link and it worked great! Congratulations to you and btw you look amazing! Remember when you're done celebrating to continue to not overdue and rest, eat well, and give your body time to heal....its been to **** and back and will need some TLC. Enjoy your day of celebration!

katheryn

• Froggy32
    Options
    eihtak said:

Froggy32...

Hi,

I copied / pasted the link and it worked great! Congratulations to you and btw you look amazing! Remember when you're done celebrating to continue to not overdue and rest, eat well, and give your body time to heal....its been to **** and back and will need some TLC. Enjoy your day of celebration!

katheryn

Thanks. I was amazed at how fast the time went too.

I feel pretty good. Other than still tired. I guess I did pretty good for a 65 year old old lady. 

• Salsify
    Salsify Member Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2017 #8
    Options
    Yay!

What a joy to find you had a week less than you thought! Don't be alarmed if the burns don't start getting better for a few days... they WILL heal!

sally

• Mollymaude
    Options
    Froggy

I was 50 when I finished treatment and didn't look half as good as you!! I think I looked like death warmed over for quite awhile! It's pretty neat they have a little ceremony when you are done. It might help with that anticlimactic feeling after treatment a lot of people have.

• Froggy32
    edited July 2017 #10
    Options

Froggy

I was 50 when I finished treatment and didn't look half as good as you!! I think I looked like death warmed over for quite awhile! It's pretty neat they have a little ceremony when you are done. It might help with that anticlimactic feeling after treatment a lot of people have.

Thank you molly

I didn't feel like I looked good at all. My dr told me not to put my new lower dentures in until a couple of months after my treatments were over, so I felt like Inlooked really old.  

We got a makeup bag from Look Good Feel Better group, that is from the American Cancer Society. They gave us a bunch of makeup and cleanser, and brushes all in a nice tote bag. They were supposed to give us a lesson too, but something happened and she didn't show up for the meeting. 

I bet you don't look as bad as you think you do.

• Wisteria83
    Wisteria83 Member Posts: 160
    edited July 2017 #11
    Options
    You look amazing!

Froggy, good for you!  You made it through treatment with flying colors!  I have to agree with Molly...I looked like death warmed over too...and it's taking forever to get over feeling lousy.  I so happy that you didn't have the side effects that most of us get with treatment.  I couldn't be happier for you!Smile

• Froggy32
    Options

You look amazing!

Froggy, good for you!  You made it through treatment with flying colors!  I have to agree with Molly...I looked like death warmed over too...and it's taking forever to get over feeling lousy.  I so happy that you didn't have the side effects that most of us get with treatment.  I couldn't be happier for you!Smile

Thank you

wisteria.  I am feeling ok today, still really tired no still sore When go to the bathroom.  

I bet you didn't look as bad as you thought. 

• Froggy32
    edited July 2017 #13
    Options
    I am through

https://www.facebook.com/patticake51/posts/10154899727408207

We get to bang the gong when we are through with our treatments.

• Wellzen
    Wellzen Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Congratulations Froggy32. You

Congratulations Froggy32. You must be so excited. I know just having the weekend off of radiation was nice.

• Froggy32
    Options
    Wellzen said:

Congratulations Froggy32. You

Congratulations Froggy32. You must be so excited. I know just having the weekend off of radiation was nice.

Thanks wellzen

I am excited to be through with all of that. But I have been sick all day today, with diarrhea again. Even though I am taking my meds they gave me plus pain pills. My bottom hurts when I sit in one position too long. I have a horsehoe shaped pilow I have been sitting on that helps a little bit. The only time it feels better is when I am laying down. I hope I will be better tomorrow. I have so much that I need to do around here. 

• Mollymaude
    edited July 2017 #16
    Options
    Froggy

Dont forget the radiation and chemo are still working even though you are done with treatment. You won't get your energy back overnight. I think many of us looking back expected too much too soon after treatment. You still need tons of rest and healing time. Right after treatment is done can be a hard time because you want to feel better right away but it takes longer than we want. Don't get disheartened though, things get so much better and more manageable. 

• Froggy32
    Options

Froggy

Dont forget the radiation and chemo are still working even though you are done with treatment. You won't get your energy back overnight. I think many of us looking back expected too much too soon after treatment. You still need tons of rest and healing time. Right after treatment is done can be a hard time because you want to feel better right away but it takes longer than we want. Don't get disheartened though, things get so much better and more manageable. 

Thanks molly

I know it will take a while to get back to normal. I am just venting about today. I have some company coming in to visit in a couple of weeks, that I haven't seen in years. I told them my house was a mess, and will be for awhile longer. But they are family so it won't matter. If it does they will get over it or clean it themselves, right?  

• Mollymaude
    edited July 2017 #18
    Options
    Company

If they offer to clean I hope you take them up on it!

• Froggy32
    Options

Company

If they offer to clean I hope you take them up on it!

You bet!

I most defiantly will.  Thanks.

• Wellzen
    Wellzen Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2017 #20
    Options
    Sorry  your having a bad day.

Sorry  your having a bad day. I hope each day gets better for you. I am sure your family will understand if your house isn't perfect. But I know how you feel. I always get anxious if someone is coming over and everything is not just right. Please try to relax and heal

• tanda
    tanda Member Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2017 #21
    Options
    Froggy32 said:

I am through

https://www.facebook.com/patticake51/posts/10154899727408207

We get to bang the gong when we are through with our treatments.

Froggy 32

Hi Froggy,

WOW!! AWESOME the way you took the mallet to the gong!  of course you are tired and uncomfortable, but I can tell that yo did really, really well.

At the end of treatment I could barely stand  to ring the well...I was in a basket and begging them to send me to a short term rehab place--which didn't happen.  I was very dehydrated , had terrible frequency and urgency and also had hand and foot syndrome (I had 5 FU in pill form and this is an occasional side effect)   It took me awhile to regain energy; I am 2 yrs out and doing very well.

Get lots of rest ..eat what you like...keep hydrating and let others deal with the housework!

I could barely