New

Options

Comments

• jcorum
    jcorum Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You will find so much info & encouragement here!

I was diagnosed on Sept 13th 2010 and therefore almost 7 years ago. This is a very curable/treatable cancer but when you hear the words CANCER, you are so scared!! You will feel empowered once you start treatment tho. because you know you are just a few weeks ago at that point of it being behind you and you can move foward with your life. its all the scans and waiting for the results that work your nerves. I did get ambien the first few weeks after i found out i had it because i was so afraid, i couldnt sleep at night. Your doctors make a huge difference as well. My surgeon (altho i didnt have surgery) was very matter of fact and blunt. But my chemo Doc & radiation doc were very postive & encouraging. Stay on this site for advice & encouragement!

• LindaBaehr
    LindaBaehr Member Posts: 47
    Options
    You Will Get Through It

You go through the treatments as they are given.  You get through it.  Then a few months or a year later you look back and can't believe all of the **** you have been through!  But you made it!  And you are stronger for it.  

• Wellzen
    Wellzen Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Thank you everyone. First

Thank you everyone. First treatments under my fanny pack. Just a little nauseous during the night. Took my anti nausea. Feel fine  now

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    edited July 2017 #25
    Options
    Wellzen

Glad to know you got started. You can do it!

• Wellzen
    Options
    Done with first round of

Done with first round of chemo. Just a little nausea. Radiation went well first week...

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wellzen

That is great news!  You can do this!

• Mollymaude
    Options
    Wellzen

I'm glad your first week went smoothly. I hope week two goes well also!

• Tushygirl
    Tushygirl Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you have to find

I am sorry you have to find this forum but will tell you this is the best place for you to be.  It is like having a whole room of supportive friends.  Just take one day at a time and it will be over before you know it.  Best advice I got here?  Never trust a fart.

• Froggy32
    Froggy32 Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2017 #30
    Options
    Tushygirl said:

I am sorry you have to find this forum but will tell you this is the best place for you to be.  It is like having a whole room of supportive friends.  Just take one day at a time and it will be over before you know it.  Best advice I got here?  Never trust a fart.

Lol

I get exactly what you mean.

• Wisteria83
    Wisteria83 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Tushygirl said:

LOL

Wow, that is the TRUTH!!!!  Never trust a fart.  Learned that the hard way.

• LindaBaehr
    LindaBaehr Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2017 #32
    Options

LOL

Wow, that is the TRUTH!!!!  Never trust a fart.  Learned that the hard way.

Gack!

Twice this week for me!  I should know better!

• Wellzen
    Options
    LOL Tushygirl. I will

LOL Tushygirl. I will remember that. 3rd week of radiation. Tired. A little radiation burn. So far doing o.k 

• Mollymaude
    edited August 2017 #34
    Options
    Wellzen

Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts your way.

• Wellzen
    Options
    Thank you Mollmaude, on 4th

Thank you Mollmaude, on 4th week. It is actually going better than I thought it would. Radiation burns. Nothing to bad. Love my sitz bath

• Wellzen
    Options
    5th week. Chemo is making me

5th week. Chemo is making me very tired. 2 naps today. 2 more days of 5fu

• Mollymaude
    Options
    Wellzen

I gave up on naps and just spent all my time in bed, sometimes I was sleeping, sometimes I read, but by the point you are at I was either in the bathroom, at radiation, or in bed. You will be so glad to get done with the chemo part. You are almost done. Keep fighting!

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wellzen

You are getting close to the finish line!  Rest as much as you can.  I remember being quite tired too at that point in my treatment.  It is normal.  Hang in there!

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2017 #39
    Options
    Wellzen said:

LOL Tushygirl. I will

LOL Tushygirl. I will remember that. 3rd week of radiation. Tired. A little radiation burn. So far doing o.k 

tush burn

Try RADIA GEL  from wallmart. Great relief!!

• Wellzen
    edited August 2017 #40
    Options
    Yeah I AM DONE

Yeah I AM DONE

• Mollymaude
    edited August 2017 #41
    Options
    Wellzen

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!